BROOKS SIGNS WITH...

nkraus

Don't know much about Indiana Tech but Brooks, I am sure, knows what is best for him and the direction he would like his career to progress.  I am sure he made his decision carefully and weighed several factors and took in advice from many around him.  One can assume he may have been dissuaded based on his brothers experience at IU (He has quit, for at least this season...Heres to hoping he returns) to attend a DIvision 1 School.

this is surprising for me, but glad to see him staying in state! Was this just a verbal? he could wrestle the season and change his mind

If he changes his mind I wouldn't mind seeing him at Minnesota.  Talk about a practice partner in Cody Philips- plus tons of talent throughout that entire room.   

Did MMA aspirations play into this also?  Guys with MMA hopes probably look at success stories like Ben Henderson and Shane Carwin and assume that NAIA wrestling is sufficient for what they want athletically--then make their university decision based on academics, finances, and location (not potential national or Olympic wrestling notoriety). 

Those Brooks boys have been some of the best kids that have wrestled here in Indiana and are some of the nicest and polite boys that I have met....Their parents have gone way out of their way to make sure that their boys have had the best for them and there shouldn't be any question about where they go to wrestle.....That is between them boys and their parents.  Who would know better about IU wrestling than a Brooks and his dad????? 

As far as little Brooks and his choice??????  If Brooks can go to school for free, get an education and wrestle??????  It is a great choice for Brooks.......God love him and his family......

Me personally would have liked to see him go to Michigan but I am still waiting....LOL

Congrats for your choice and look forward to see you wrestle for many more years.....

For those that don't anything about Indiana Tech maybe you should check it out first. My son picked Tech because of class size he needs the individual attention and is doing very well so far. Oh ya the wrestling part if he would of moved up to the open division at MSU and EMU he could of wrestled  Steiber, Cash and many more very very tough guys. Saturday he wrestled Ramos From Iowa so I guess the competition is tough enough. Here's the Bottom line my future son inlaw just graduated from Tech with a software engioneering degree and got his first job starting at $60,0000 so I guess big companies do recognize Tech. Great choice Jarred.

I've always had great respect for Coach Ester, and I think everyone's excited about the up and coming program.  Also, informed people know you can get a very good education at Tech.  These things were never in question.  I think there's just some curiosity from fans since the wrestling cultural norm is to go to a D1 school when you have Brooks' credentials.  He seems to be taking a road slightly less traveled, but I say more power to him if it's right for him and his future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.