Perrys WrestleMania Date

WC182Dad

Perry Blue vs Perry Silver they break them into two teams, thats a way they do there second wrestle offs usually right before capital city. They split the teams up and let them go at it no coaching.

So it's in front of a crowd or it's just wrestle-offs?

A crowd its like a dual it is a very goodtime some good wrestling they split the top guys up and make it pretty even, two years ago Richards and Cooper came down to a 1 point match Richards winning 1 to 0

Well coming from lil' old Jimtown, here in Baugotucky, it's kind of hard to wrap your mind around a concept like that! Two whole teams... gosh!

We may be good, but the quality of competition in this state would keep us from even reaching the state finals if we took to the mat with a squad of half varsity half JV, no matter how tough our JV team is. So lets put away the hyperbole and respect the fact that there are other great programs here in Indiana capable of beating us anytime we step on the mat. We need to have our best people on the mat and focused on the task at hand.

You know what I meant they both are solid, you always something to bash what I say. As a coach in two years of wrestling for Perry you never once talked or had anything to say to my son or family , so really what is your title?

No direspect Thorton Im just asking my son went there 8th - soph year varsity every year did you ever give him a word of advice or even say HI I know you never did to his family, I was just curious cause you are a respected coach no disrespect meant but if your titles a coach please be there for ALL your wrestlers. Thanks Jason Richards

No direspect Thorton Im just asking my son went there 8th - soph year varsity every year did you ever give him a word of advice or even say HI I know you never did to his family, I was just curious cause you are a respected coach no disrespect meant but if your titles a coach please be there for ALL your wrestlers. Thanks Jason Richards

No disrespect, Mr Richards....really? Are you kidding me? No disrespect? I thought you vowed not to post again until after Team State. No disrespect but you need to get a different calendar.

No disrespect, Mr Richards....really? Are you kidding me? No disrespect? I thought you vowed not to post again until after Team State. No disrespect but you need to get a different calendar.

That right there is funny !!!

First off, lets get one thing straight "Jason Richards". Coach Thorton has done more for the Perry Meridian wrestling program and the sport of wrestling than you will ever do for the sport of wrestling in your lifetime. For you to sit here and try to call out an elder and a man that has been around the sport twice as long as you is completely ignorant. Please do us all a favor and either end the ignorance or stop posting. Thanks.

How-to-Win-Friends-and-Influence-People.jpg

Sorry If I offended anyone but its the truth the whole time we was at Perry he did not say one word to my son or any of our family. Thats just the way it was I love Perry program and I am sure he has done great things this was just with my son I can speak of he seems like a dedicated guy and I dont know much of him sorry we just never got a chance to know him.. And I thought coaches interacted with their wrestlers  and yes once season starts I will  not question anyone on Indianamat or bring up his name but yes I dont go out and drink my life is work , family, and wrestling sorry I love the wrestling blog Im a very patianate guy. I never said anything bad about Thorton I just said he never spoke to one of his wrestlers if he did Im sure he will tell me. I love the program it was just a question and why the threats over nothing Y2

Some programs have coaches that work with certain wrestlers with a style that more closely resembles theirs, or allows them to coach to their strengths.  You apparently work with a youth wrestling group...I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the way there was at least one wrestler that you didn't personally coach.  Your son seems to have turned out alright, so why choose a public forum to bash a coach?  Whether you intended it or not, you made a bold claim about that coaches program -- a program you are no longer a part of.

Mr Richards, I am guessing the source of all of your boo points is that although it is clear you are a fan of the sport, your online persona is that the world and the sun and everything else revolves around your son and your associated wrestling program.  It does not. The sport is bigger than anynone wrestler, family, coach, or team.

Cheer your son on in his senior year, be thankful for the good memories, don't throw around bold claims about his team that are going to only put a target on his back.  Don't obsess about his ranking.  Kick back, just relax and enjoy the ride.  Don't celebrate his accomplishments before they happen.

I hope your son has a great final year, and you find the willpower to do more reading and a little less typing.

Thanks I will take you advice, still no time or date? I do try and build a relationship with everyone I coach but thats just me. Thanks and sorry if I offended anyone. The only time hes spoke with me is through Indy mat Thanks Y2  Can I get a time and date!! Back to the subject

Mr. Richards, First let me say that you have developed a formula of making inflammatory statements, followed by stating that you mean no disrespect. If you truly mean no disrespect, then don't make the initial inflammatory statement. As for me, up until 2 years ago, my title was freshmen coach. My duties to the program included much of our IHSAA correspondance, keeping and compiling team stats, helping coach in the room, coaching the frehmen/JV teams on meet days, assisting with scouting, running our study table on meet days, providing information for seeding meetings, occasionally writing our wrestling newsletter, announcing at home meets and sometimes singing the national anthem. Coaches Tonte, Schoettle and Gibson were and remain the technicians. They all wrestled in college, while I was a college football player. So I deferred to their expertise. As you well know, Andre was a varsity wrestler from his freshmen year on. However, your statement that I never spoke to Andre is a complete lie. I remember Andre wrestling in a freshmen/JV competition on a Saturday against Ben Davis, Center Grove and Decatur Central. I think Andre had 2 matches that day and, as I did with everyone I coached, I spoke to him before his matches, encouraged him and congratulated him on his wins. I think this was the only non-varsity event Andre wrestled. As for my response to your post; you stated we have never spoken and I will accept that, but that being said, as strangers, how can I then know what you meant in your post?  I can't interpret what you wrote. I accepted what you wrote and based my comments on that. If what you meant to say was both teams would be very solid, then simply write that. There was no malice or spite intended...just pure observation. I also don't understand from where this idea that I am always "bashing" what you write comes. Hopefully this discussion will end here and I wish Andre success this year.

Lets just clear this all up.  Thorton has not been an official Coach for the last 3 years.  I believe he coached at Perry from like 94-95 to like 2006-2007(when his first daughter was born).  He didn't do a lot in the spring (helped run tournaments, etc.) because he was coaching track.  He still announces at all home meets/pep sessions.  Oh yeah, he was also diagnosed with cancer 2 or 3 years ago.  He may not have spoken with your son, but I can bet he has given quite a few referees a hard time on your son's behalf.  

Mr. Thorton, et al, please don't dignify Caliboy/WC182Dad/Demoguy's posts with a response.  He's one of two things:

1) A devilishly sharp troll that is simply laughing his $%# off at the responses to his posts, or...

2) A nut job that that has no internal filter.

I'm pretty sure he's the latter but if he's the former, hats off to you Mr.Richards. The way I see it, he is so over the top complimentary of all semi good to great wrestlers that he is hoping that everyone compliments his kid in turn.  He's pretty transparent.  Just ignore him and he'll stop.  Also, just boo the crap out him because I know that drives him nuts. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.