Evansville Semi-State Rankings (Updated with Sectional/Regional Breakdown)

TripleB

At this point I guess we all would agree Batts was ranked a little too high, but he did have an outstanding record and a quality win.  Maybe Jamison is ranked a little low, but he has lost to some of the guys ranked above him hasn't he?  Has he wrestled Vanhook, Wedding, Pierre or Broukal this year and what was the outcome if he did?  Where do you think he should fall into the rankings? 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamison lost to Holwager and Spray @ Jeff Classic. He also lost to Tell City and Trinity at Mater Dei. I believe he then lost to Holwager again at HHC.

Holwager has lost to gilbert, Schremp, and so on.

Schremp has lost to.....

Gilbert has lost to.....

Sometimes the rankings are like playing the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.

The last update was right before sectionals. I could update to save face, but I'll just wait to next Sunday when I make my coffee and spend 2 hours reading about how awful I did this year.

awe cmon man i really injoy reading your predictions and i like the updates. i mean it like i hold a bears fan at a real high standard ..lol just kidding

I agree those boys have beaten each other several times. I think Jamison is a good wrestler but after looking at the brackets he will be lucky to make it to the second round. If he does he won't make it out of the second. He has the ability to capitalize on other wrestlers mistakes (the quality of a good wrestler) but unless one of those kids makes a mistake I don't see him getting out. he had a pretty easy ride to regional finals, and I don't think he had a chance of winning that if Meenach hadn't gotten high on his ride. He took Jamison down with no problems and was holding him there. Holwager has a very hard first match and I don't see him getting past that. Meenach has the best chance with his draw. Brokal is a good wrestler but if Meenach wrestled like he did Saturday he has a chance to beat him. again it is a toss up, upsets happen every weekend at this level. I wish all the boys there good luck.

I tip my hat off to whomever ranked the wrestlers in the Evansville Semistate.

By my count, 98 of 112 wrestlers who were ranked in the Evansville Semistate have actually advanced to the Evansville Semistate. That's an 88% average.  It'll be interesting to see how many of the Top 4 make it to the ticket round.  I'll be watching! Best of luck to all of the wrestlers. May they wrestle their best no matter the outcome -- and let's hope everybody goes home healthy afterward.

Sorry,you ar correct, that was a little harsh. I didn't mean to sound like Pierre wasn't beatable. Everyone in the bracket is beatable and after reading my post it did sound that way. There is no superstars in that bracket. There is a alot of talented wrestlers in that bracket and the competition is close.

Everyone is the semi-state is beatable.  These are predictions and just that.  They do it every Sunday on TV when they try to pick NFL winners.  Are they wrong some?  Yes, they are.  But, people use their minds and make educated guesses as to who they think might win.  Just because a person picks a guy to win doesn't mean they are saying that person is unbeatable.  People shouldn't get so upset just because their kid or teammate isn't picked to win.  There are reasons why some kids are chosen while others are not and past results has a lot to do with it. Remember, everyone is beatable at some point.  It's just that with some wrestlers you have to go a little further to try to find someone who can do it.

I would like to let the wrestlers that have made it to semi-state that you have made a great accomplishment. do not let the comments that we make on this site effect your wrestling Saturday. any one at this level can win. The only person that is gauranteed to beat you is the wrestler you think can beat you. good luck to all of you. The great thing about this sport is a win or a loss is nobodies fault or gain but your own. If Saturday ends your high school season don't let it end your hard work. Take the time to participate in USA wrestling and go to all the tournaments you can. Do the work to get to the level you need to be at next year. I bet 90% of the wrestlers at this level have done some USA wrestling.

Ya. Schnaar doesnt have a chance i dont believe. Ive seen both wrestle and Bass is on an enitrely new level of being an athlete.

I haven't seen Bass, but Schnarr wrestled Knura ealier this year and lost 1-0. So unless Bass is on a different level than Knura also, I would say it's going to be a good match

Not too bad, I don't keep percentages or anything from years past so I don't know how it compares.

It looks like 7 state qualifiers weren't ranked:

Brent McCreary - Mooresville

Jacob Ferguson - Martinsville

Carter Lewis - Greencastle

Jonah Zoringer - Avon

Ryan Fish - Madison (TripleB Trained  ;D )

Dylan Jones - Avon

Drew Ponder - Center Grove

Of those 7, 4 had been ranked at some point in the season (Fish, Zoringer, Jones, Ponder).

Congratulations to everybody from The Evansville Semi-State. Good luck at....uhhhh...The HOUSE!

Regional Breakdown -

Castle - 22 State Qualifiers

Mooresville - 21 State Qualifiers

Bloomington South - 10 State Qualifiers

Jeffersonville  - 3 State Qualifiers

Sectional Breakdown -

Evansville - 17 State Qualifiers

Mooresville - 14 State Qualifiers

Northview - 7 State Qualifiers

Avon - 7 State Qualifiers

Castle - 5 State Qualifiers

Jeffersonville - 3 State Qualifiers

Jennings County - 3 State Qualifiers

Southridge - 0 State Qualifers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.