Evansville Semi-State Rankings (Updated with Sectional/Regional Breakdown)

TripleB

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kuhn goes 106 who will they have at 113?  I've heard Johns will be 120-126.

Assuming Kuhn go's 106 and Johns go's 120. Reitz would have  Davis (10), Ferguson (9), Bruce (9),  Voegel (9) and Brandenstein (9) to fill that spot. I would like to see that wrestle off because 3-4 of them could make varsity on another team. Reitz JV team will be solid as well.  Should be an interesting year on the west side of E-ville!

Assuming Kuhn go's 106 and Johns go's 120. Reitz would have  Davis (10), Ferguson (9), Bruce (9),  Voegel (9) and Brandenstein (9) to fill that spot. I would like to see that wrestle off because 3-4 of them could make varsity on another team. Reitz JV team will be solid as well.  Should be an interesting year on the west side of E-ville!

Mater Dei loses a ton from last year.  Are you sure it will be all that close? 

Mater Dei loses a ton from last year.  Are you sure it will be all that close? 

Mater Dei has set the bar for 40 years or more in wrestling! Don't think for a minute that they don't have very good wrestlers backing up the seniors that left. They also have a very talented group of freshmen coming in that  will contribute. Also Dane Mauer is coming back and he's been training with his brother all summer. All the respect go's to them and as the old saying go's......."to be the best you've gotta beat the best". I personally think we will but, that's just my opinion. I do know that would just be the first step toward the main goal!

Mater Dei has set the bar for 40 years or more in wrestling! Don't think for a minute that they don't have very good wrestlers backing up the seniors that left. They also have a very talented group of freshmen coming in that  will contribute. Also Dane Mauer is coming back and he's been training with his brother all summer. All the respect go's to them and as the old saying go's......."to be the best you've gotta beat the best". I personally think we will but, that's just my opinion. I do know that would just be the first step toward the main goal!

How is Mater Dei looking this year?  I just expect them to be good since they have consistently produced a quality product on and off the mat.  I would love to see them win state this year Coach Shafer deserves one.  Absolutely one of the best guys on or off the mat you could ever care to meet.

How is Mater Dei looking this year?  I just expect them to be good since they have consistently produced a quality product on and off the mat.  I would love to see them win state this year Coach Shafer deserves one.  Absolutely one of the best guys on or off the mat you could ever care to meet.

Personally I'd like to see Reitz win state or at the very least make it to team state.  They've been in Mater Dei's shadow for years. Reitz has had some very good teams over the years but couldn't get out of sectionals because they had the best team in the state in their sectional. Ferguson deserves a shot at state before they change the rules again.  But it's going to be a battle for sure, but with MD losing 8 starters and Castle losing a huge part of their  team in the Welch brothers among others it would seem Reitz is in good position to make a run at state.

Reitz lost 2 seniors, one didn't make it out of sectionals but one made it to state (Dowdy). So the quality of wrestlers is very high but you still have to show up and get it done on the mat. Reitz has some outstanding senior leadership in Vanhook, Moody, Reuger, Appel and King. I have seen King run 50 wall to walls when he only had to run 25 and he sprinted the last two. In other words he is leading by example. I'm very impressed by how these young men are approaching this season in a workman like fashion and going the extra mile when they could be home on Indiana mat. I'll leave you with this thought...... Work hard get paid!

I would guess that many of the Mater Dei wrestlers are on the football team. They are playing in the 2A football semistate this week. Might be a while before they make it to the wrestling room.

Good point.  They seem to be just a great athletic school.  I know while I was attending the University of Southern Indiana it seemed like they were good in just about every sport. 

Dont know I dont keep up with yours as much as NCs and Zach has done a couple now so I just thought you would put them in as names started coming in, Im just excited Fleenor is getting is shot on the Varsity mat this year he will do some big things.

Any way we could update the rankings soon with the info that has been gathered this early in the season?

I would guess not much info as been gathered so far.  Its still early in the season and traditionally the only info the rankings guys seem to get at this point is why isn't "so and so" ranked yet at a particular weight.  Getting people to send in solid information about multiple wrestlers or even teams is very rare and usually the reason the rankings people have such a hard time putting out a realistic list.  As I mentioned in another thread a much more clear picture of things seems to develop around the holiday tournament time period.  Since by then the rankings guys seem to be able to find more reliable information to go on.  Up until then the rankings are mostly a patchwork of previous information.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.