Merrillville semi state Rankings FINAL

ontherise219

After the big weekend in Mishawaka a lot got shook up in the M'ville semi-state rankings. With Hartman wrestling and showing some serious interest at staying down at 132 that blows the 4th SQ spot at 138 wide open. Gelen Robinson pinning Gallegos and Peppers upsetting and knocking off this weekends 1 seed Crocker.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point well taken to Unknown Wrestler.  Had the BC coaches sent out a 182 pounder, Lynde wouldn't have wrestled up and Ricks would most likely still be undefeated.  The BC program has improved tremendously over the years, but I think the coaches screwed up.  Too many forfiets in this sport where there are capable wrestlers.  Seems like too many coaches are willing to give up the 6 points rather than sending a "less-than-seasoned" wrestler on the mat (and I don't mean that mean).  If I were a wrestler that got benched because a coach was protecting my record, or didn't want me getting hurt or "damaging my morale" I would be really upset not getting my time on the mat.  Now, maybe the 182 pounder was hurt, but I don't think so.  I think they mis-judged Tanner's willingness to get a match even if he had to wrestle-up. 

I see that Kolat from South Bend Washington is 8th on your board at 160 lb and Joey Stasiak from penn is ahead of him. When wrestled on the 21st and Kolat wan the match.  Just wondering why Stasiak was ahead of him.  Also 182, Martel Miller for SB Clay is on your board but Houston Anderson is not.  Anderson beat Miller 7-0 at the John Mckee and really should have pinned him but Miller is super tough and kept from getting pinned.  Take Nothing away from Miller but Anderson lost a close match to him a month ago and beat him easily at the McKee and think he should start getting noticed.  Anderson Also lost a very close match to Adams from Jimtown (10-7) or something like that.  He had Adams on his back at the end of the match but The ref didnt give near fall because he said Adams was out of bounds and time ran off before anything could change.  Just wanted to give my Bias opinion on a Few guys..... 

I see that Kolat from South Bend Washington is 8th on your board at 160 lb and Joey Stasiak from penn is ahead of him. When wrestled on the 21st and Kolat wan the match.  Just wondering why Stasiak was ahead of him.   Also 182, Martel Miller for SB Clay is on your board but Houston Anderson is not.  Anderson beat Miller 7-0 at the John Mckee and really should have pinned him but Miller is super tough and kept from getting pinned.   Take Nothing away from Miller but Anderson lost a close match to him a month ago and beat him easily at the McKee and think he should start getting noticed.   Anderson Also lost a very close match to Adams from Jimtown (10-7) or something like that.  He had Adams on his back at the end of the match but The ref didnt give near fall because he said Adams was out of bounds and time ran off before anything could change.   Just wanted to give my Bias opinion on a Few guys.....   

I have only saw Kolat and Anderson at the Carnahan and both were in the 5th place match I wasn't aware of the stasiak/ miller result thanks for the info

I have only saw Kolat and Anderson at the Carnahan and both were in the 5th place match I wasn't aware of the stasiak/ miller result thanks for the info

Yeah, at the Carnahan, Kolat was coming off an ancle sprain that kept him from doing anything much at pratice.  He was on crutches for a week or so and really wasn't 100%  but you cant keep a kid like that off the mat.  This year has been tough for him with Injuries but he will be ready for sectionals. 

Anderson is an amazing kid that can honestly hang with wost guys in the state.  He is only 174 lbs and tends to expose his back from time to time.  As long as he donent make mistakes he will go far this year. 

im curious why at hwt maggart (penn) is above dozier(sb riley) in the regular rankings but  on the semi state rankings dozier is higher?

Maggert hasn't lost yet so I didn't drop him in the state rankings but. dozier has been wrestling great so I moved him up in merrillville

23-1  senior  beat Kenny Smith  at Washington invite

Also Douglass of Twin Lakes not sure of record

I was going to guess Rehn was his 1 loss  who Douglas just beat at Pioneer. Should be good Sectional with Johnson From pioneer there also .

I asked some of the wc wrestlers what happened with their 126 and tl's 126 and they said rehn was ahead and tried a throw that he doesn't normally run, got caught and lost by points. I can see the finals being between west central's 26 and winamacs 26 at sectionals

How is Trevor Burlison ranked #11 in the state at 126, but only 8th in his own semi-state.  Ayersman and Martsolf are the only 126's in the semi-state ranked ahead of him in the statewide rankings, yet you have him 8th?  If I'm not mistaken he has beaten Torres this year.  Any explanation for his low ranking?

How is Trevor Burlison ranked #11 in the state at 126, but only 8th in his own semi-state.  Ayersman and Martsolf are the only 126's in the semi-state ranked ahead of him in the statewide rankings, yet you have him 8th?  If I'm not mistaken he has beaten Torres this year.  Any explanation for his low ranking?

I do both rankings the semi state rankings were updated this morning. He did have a win a win over Torres, then he was dominated by Torres in the semi's of the DAC like 8-0 then a fall in the 1st. So he drops behind Torres, then he is beat in the 3rd and 4th place match by Kenny Smith of mich city, who have a loss to overmyer of winamac so he falls behind both these wrestlers. Ayala had cut to 20 but has been wrestling 26. A returning SQ with like 4 losses with 2 being Ayersman. Burlison will also be dropping in the state ranking. Hopefully posted tonight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.