Merrillville semi state Rankings FINAL

ontherise219

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you heard it hear first.  South Bend Washington, who only had 7 wrestlers last year, will beat every South Bend School  (including Clay) and finish no less then thrid in the NIC/ sectionals.     The team  has a total different mindset from last year and has been working hard.  As soon as football is over and the rest of the guys get into the wrestling room people will see what I am talking about.   I seriouly look for them to have 4 to 6 kids make it to state....   Houston Anderson is a beast at 182 and Derek Fowler will be super tough at 132 ( one of the hardest weight classes at this semi state.) Kelly Kolat should be tough again at 152.

Is this the same Washington team that was outscored by Penn's JV with 4-5 3rd string wrestlers at Lake Central ? And the same team that was just beaten by South Bend St Joe ? Washington will be lucky to finish 5-6 in the Conference .

Is this the same Washington team that was outscored by Penn's JV with 4-5 3rd string wrestlers at Lake Central ? And the same team that was just beaten by South Bend St Joe ? Washington will be lucky to finish 5-6 in the Conference .

they were missing like 7 varsity kids vs st joe, so 6th wouldnt take luck, but i doubt they will be top 5

Yes this is the same South Bend Washinton team that lost to St Joe and Penn's JV at lake Central.  It is also the same South Bend Washington team that has been plagued with injuries and has had to give away four forfeit every match.  It is also the Same South Bend Washington team that is getting healthy and even though we still will not have a full team we are getting tough and will shock some people.   I dont know where we will end up this year but it would be nice to get alittle respect,  Yeah we are no Mishawaka or Penn. Clay is super tough and  Riley is wrestling really well right now but we put up some points on them and give them a run for their money.  Just ask Adams, who we beat despite giving them 24 points.  (no disrespect to  their team or coaching staff)    

And as far as Lucky to finish 5-6 , Come on Man!!!!!   Maybe I was talking a little too much BS when I said third but we will make teams know we are there for sure and they wont be laughing when then know they have to wrestle Washington like last year,  (well, except St. Joe, since they got us )

jacob seagraves at 195 from plymouth should be ranked with only a close loss  (by 2 i believe) to returning state qualifier Alex Skipper

If anyone saw this match though they would know seagraves was never a threat to score. Skipper had just come off a 24 hr stomach flu on friday and controlled the whole match.

If anyone saw this match though they would know seagraves was never a threat to score. Skipper had just come off a 24 hr stomach flu on friday and controlled the whole match.

I was there I saw the match.  Skipper did absolutely nothing.  Seagraves made a mistake that cost him getting taken down.  we will see come the NIC invite and regionals and so on

I was there I saw the match.  Skipper did absolutely nothing.  Seagraves made a mistake that cost him getting taken down.  we will see come the NIC invite and regionals and so on

Skipper didn't push the action. He wrestled smart considering he was getting over a sickness. He didn't want to gas or anything considering he still wasn't feeling well. He still managed to stop Seagraves from doing anything.

South Bend Washington Update:

We have had a pretty rough season to date,  Mostly because of Injuries and the Jack @$$ football coach (I will post about that later).  The team is starting to come around and wanted to see if the ranking people are aware of Michael Bate at 170,  He is 15-1 with his only loss being to a ranked kid from McCutchen.  last night he beat Stevens from Penn.  It was a good close match to watch but Bates controled most of the Match.  SB Washington is  no where near where I though and hoped they would be by this time but hopefully things will take a turn soon.  Also watch out for Anderson (182), White at (145) and Kolat (160.).  Things are starting to look up for them as well

Ok, you heard it hear first.  South Bend Washington, who only had 7 wrestlers last year, will beat every South Bend School  (including Clay) and finish no less then thrid in the NIC/ sectionals.     The team  has a total different mindset from last year and has been working hard.  As soon as football is over and the rest of the guys get into the wrestling room people will see what I am talking about.   I seriouly look for them to have 4 to 6 kids make it to state....   Houston Anderson is a beast at 182 and Derek Fowler will be super tough at 132 ( one of the hardest weight classes at this semi state.) Kelly Kolat should be tough again at 152.

:o no he didnt lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.