Who are some of the top incoming freshmen and what weight?

BlackshirtD

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I added Jackson at the very end I remembered him when I was trying to count the 2nds. But I agree that the 09-12 class will be hard to top. Currently 5 champs from that class and could very easily move up with Brookes, Jackson, Richey, Harvey, Mullins, Johnson from PM who I also left off the list, Quiroz, and Willis. The upper weights will also have some top srs too.

Yea I added Jackson at the very end I remembered him when I was trying to count the 2nds. But I agree that the 09-12 class will be hard to top. Currently 5 champs from that class and could very easily move up with Brookes, Jackson, Richey, Harvey, Mullins, Johnson from PM who I also left off the list, Quiroz, and Willis. The upper weights will also have some top srs too.

and Cambell

I have never commented on anything within this site before, but things that have been commented on have heavily affected my household.  Our family is very involved with the wrestling program in our community, we have five children...four wrestle and one manages. We teach our kids to follow rules, have good sportsmanship and stand up for what they believe.  Unfortunately, when my husband did that this spring some people up north didn't like that.  He made a comment on this site which some took offense to, not much different than many I continue to see on here since then.  We took our kids to Indy this spring for the state competition and my husband was attacked by a parent who took offense to his opinion (which is a constitutional human right) and decided (along with a coach from her community) to verbally attack my husband in front of our children, team, other children....well, pretty much the whole stadium.  She not only called him vile names, but also threatened to punch him in his face and to sick her husband on him.  She put her fingers in his face and he NEVER laid a hand on her.  She knew him by name even though we had never met.  We later found out that her family had seen our family at a restaurant the night before and she had thought about confronting him then.  I am SO glad she didn't because I guarantee had she done the things in the restaurant that she did at the competition I would have pressed charges.  Either way, their coach told my husband that he was a scumbag who liked to talk about people's families on the internet instead of saying things to people's faces.  Well, neither of us would say anything on-line that we wouldn't say to someone's face for one.  But mainly I cannot beleive that grown "adults" would do such a thing in front of a bunch of children because of someone's opinion.  He NEVER mentioned names, nor was he talking about anyone specific because we don't pay attention to who's who...we just let our kids wrestle and have fun (which is how it should be).  What's worse is when the security guard was asked over he thought my husband had started the problem and told him he had to leave.  The whole story traveled far and several people from other schools in our area asked what happened that day for months.  I would think people would have better things to talk about than some lunatic with guilt issues starting a fight around children.  These people should be ashamed of themselves for how they acted but I guarantee they are not.  I don't care what any of you do...just stay away from my family and keep your drama to yourself.  If you want to hold your kid back, use steroids, pep pills or whatever else is out there these days to give your kid the "advantage" then go ahead...but one day they will have to face the real world without help and they will suffer for the mistakes their parents have made in the pursuit of "glory" on the podium.  And have fun trying to explain to the colleges they try to get into later why they graduated at twenty from high school because they don't care what weight-class or title was won...they only care about the academics in the end. Wins are earned, not cheated for...that is MY opinion.  I would NEVER teach my children such immoral behavior, but that is MY perogotive.  Be careful what you post out here people or you TOO will have some psycho screaming in your face while thousands of children and parents you don't know look on in horror. 

I have never commented on anything within this site before, but things that have been commented on have heavily affected my household.  Our family is very involved with the wrestling program in our community, we have five children...four wrestle and one manages. We teach our kids to follow rules, have good sportsmanship and stand up for what they believe.  Unfortunately, when my husband did that this spring some people up north didn't like that.  He made a comment on this site which some took offense to, not much different than many I continue to see on here since then.  We took our kids to Indy this spring for the state competition and my husband was attacked by a parent who took offense to his opinion (which is a constitutional human right) and decided (along with a coach from her community) to verbally attack my husband in front of our children, team, other children....well, pretty much the whole stadium.  She not only called him vile names, but also threatened to punch him in his face and to sick her husband on him.  She put her fingers in his face and he NEVER laid a hand on her.  She knew him by name even though we had never met.  We later found out that her family had seen our family at a restaurant the night before and she had thought about confronting him then.  I am SO glad she didn't because I guarantee had she done the things in the restaurant that she did at the competition I would have pressed charges.  Either way, their coach told my husband that he was a scumbag who liked to talk about people's families on the internet instead of saying things to people's faces.  Well, neither of us would say anything on-line that we wouldn't say to someone's face for one.  But mainly I cannot beleive that grown "adults" would do such a thing in front of a bunch of children because of someone's opinion.  He NEVER mentioned names, nor was he talking about anyone specific because we don't pay attention to who's who...we just let our kids wrestle and have fun (which is how it should be).  What's worse is when the security guard was asked over he thought my husband had started the problem and told him he had to leave.  The whole story traveled far and several people from other schools in our area asked what happened that day for months.   I would think people would have better things to talk about than some lunatic with guilt issues starting a fight around children.  These people should be ashamed of themselves for how they acted but I guarantee they are not.  I don't care what any of you do...just stay away from my family and keep your drama to yourself.  If you want to hold your kid back, use steroids, pep pills or whatever else is out there these days to give your kid the "advantage" then go ahead...but one day they will have to face the real world without help and they will suffer for the mistakes their parents have made in the pursuit of "glory" on the podium.  And have fun trying to explain to the colleges they try to get into later why they graduated at twenty from high school because they don't care what weight-class or title was won...they only care about the academics in the end. Wins are earned, not cheated for...that is MY opinion.  I would NEVER teach my children such immoral behavior, but that is MY perogotive.  Be careful what you post out here people or you TOO will have some psycho screaming in your face while thousands of children and parents you don't know look on in horror. 

So, you don't have any particular freshman you think will do well?

This forum is full of crybabies I try and make valid points and get the same treatment. I was going to stay off here but in the last week I have had more people wanting to read my posts than me not post. Im not gonna let the winers win. Whatever you do dont take anything these people say personal have a clue. I love IN wrestling Lt of these jokers know how to steer you away from that. You cryBabies will never hold me ,my thoughts or my family down. Keep your head up and the best of luck to your kids and Yes that didnt take long Like Jason(fri 13th) Im back until Y2 kicks me off. So ypu haters can put that on your concessionstand hotdogs and lickit off for all I care. Keiffers, Wises,Williss,Tasseffs, Tontes, Nd many others I care for you all deeply and this is our last year wrestling  so Im making the most of it.Yes call me Brett Farve Im out of retirement again all you winers.

• 1 month later...

Shurg is very tough and will do very well this year, however, I think Ben Harvey would win if they happen to meet this year. I also thought that Shurg was a Crown Point kid, if that is the case, he would have to beat out Fuqua for the 113 spot.   

OOPS. 7-2 Shurg in dominate fashion. Looks like Dari has seperated himself a little more from Harvey.

He is JV at Roncalli under stud Vance Ellis, He will get his time to shine, my top fresh next year has to be Nick Ellis, then CJ Red

He is top notch wrestler and will make some noise when he gets a chance. Also being behind Vance Ellis  is only going to make him tougher. Thanks for the info ;D

And I agree about CJ Red and NIck Ellis.

After his performance at the Al Smith,  you might want to add Scottie Sopko to the list of top freshmen. Also, Steveson and Forte were very impressive.

I have to agree.  The start of another Willis/Quiroz 4 years......

• 1 month later...

How about a top 5 from every semi state

Merrillville

1. Bobby Steveson Merrillville 1 loss to Tsirtsis Al Smith champ

2. Darden Schurg Crown Point 1 loss early on

3. Tommy Forte Mishawaka 2 losses Al smith champ

4. Scott Sopko Hobart 3 losses to Steveson Al smith runner up

5. Morgan Kral Crown point single digit losses in a upper class man weight class was also a regional champ

Hon mem Trevino calumet, davidson Chesterton, jones Chesterton, Childers tipp valley Clark laf Harrison

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.