State Champ Predctions

WC182Dad

Any thoughts? Ill take      120  Todd          126  Lecount        132  Mckinley      194  Sliga          220  Kral          HWT  Little Chico or Little Hawiian :-)  those are just a few.  And Johnson  @ 160

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Lecount... But I don't see any way he gets past Phillips or Ayersman, just a very tough weight class, not his time yet. As far as 106 and 113, Boston is a quality talent but Micic isn't a 98# this year, he will deal with a full sized 106#er this year if he chooses 106, I'll take Micic. His road will be even tougher at 113. He won't beat Brooks, to much man there. I'd bet the ranch on that one.

No disrespect because the kid is an athlete with a great double leg. And also no excuses but he cut 3 and half pounds on the ride up there, wrestling about 70% He had to Default the rest due to braking his tail bone and the basketball floor after getting drove out of bounds and still won that match and one more. So he will be ready 100% in the next month we will see at Capital City cant wait. Should be a great tour. And at 106 Ill take Cash $$

So then it would either be Brandon Weinkauf or Tanner Adams at 182... :o

Tanner said last week he weighed 185 and I've heard Brandon is over 200, can't confirm it's true though.

106 - Steven Micic.... Since I am assuming he has gotten bigger(Sophomore year is normally when kids start gaining weight) and probably has less weight to cut than Boston, I see him pulling out the win in a close one. However, Boston winning would obviously be no shock.

113 - Jarred Brooks. Can't really see anyone beating him and the only person I think has a small chance(Paul Petrov) probably won't even make 113.

120 - Brenden Campbell. If he can make 120, I see him pulling out a championship here. Mason Todd will make it hard for him though.

126 - Kyle Ayersman. Can't really bet against a 2 time state champion that won the previous year. But I would love to see Nick Crume pull out an upset.

132 - Jarred McKinley. Ranked in the nation and DOMINATED state at 125 last year. If Neal Molloy wrestles 132 this year though, it will be likely one of the best state matches.

138 - Devon Jackson. Runner-up two years in a row... Not happening his senior year. But if Molloy goes 138, he'll give Jackson a good challenge, but I wouldn't bet on Neal beating him.

145 - Jason Tsirtsis. Yeah...

152 - Connor Mullins. Actually don't know much about him, but judging as he is a runner-up last year, he's likely to win it all his senior year.

160 - I have absolutely no idea.

170 - Tyler Willis. Been in the top 3 both years and this looks to be a lot less of an intense weight class than 171 was last year.

182 - Tanner Lynde. Only placer at 171 that didn't graduate, and he got 3rd at that.

195 - Mitch Sliga. 2x Fargo champion is expected to win state. Kourtney Berry could upset though.

220 - Is Keith Knura wrestling this year? If so, I pick him. If not, I pick Tyler Kral.

285 - Abraham Hall beat the heavyweight state champion FOUR times last year. Also had a victory over the 4th placer and took the 3rd placer into over time. I'd say that makes him the favorite.

Dre wouldnt of lost the rematch. Dre dominated except the last 30 sec. He should of been pinned in the first period I think Dre beat the kid that got 3rd

I recall the match quite well, actually, and I think you're way off the mark here. I have nothing against your son, but he didn't dominate at all. He got a 5-point headlock and got cut for his 6 points. Whereas Lawrence got an escape and got a shot on him just BARELY in bounds in the second for 3 points. Two takedowns in the last period got him 7 points. How can you honestly say your son dominated when he got taken down 3 times as opposed to one headlock? Your son did good, but Lawrence deserved the win because he kept going until the very end. It could have gone either way, but it was Lawrence's day.

And not to be a jerk, but think about it... If Dre lost his first match, how could he have beaten the kid that got 3rd?

The Lawrence must be fantastic to get thrown in a 5 point headlock, get dominated for most of the match and still put out the win.  Unreal stuff that last 30 seconds.  Nice pick up on the last part too.  How do you lose your first match, go to the loser's bracket and end up beating the kid that finishes 3rd?  I don't get it. 

All I was saying 90% of the time he would of finished that he had him on his back for 30sec. on a bad day. He just was not inshape the way he will be. And also I was wrong he didnt wrestle the kid that got 3rd. Im not saying nothing else about it my son LOST the match and thats all that counts Lawrence did a great job fighting off his back to come back in a shortend match, I really want to see the kid do well, he was in better condition than andre on that day. Best of luck to Lawrence this season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.