WiN's National Pre-Season Rankings

Drooke

Lots of changes in those pre-season rankings for WIN though...many of those kids listed at 106lbs are going 113lbs. 

They have Garelli at # 1 for 106lbs but I can see him going 113 as well as Jimenez and Northrup. We'll see?

Micic and Kolodzik are both Top 5 kids at 106lbs IMO.

My TOP 5 at 106lbs (if Garelli, Jimenez, and Northrup go 113lbs)

Micic

Kolodzik

Mai

Bresser

Rosenberg

Moody is too light to be ranked at 106lbs vs. HS elite kids. If Assad is ranked in the Top 20, then Tommy Cash should be too! I would take Cash over Assad everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! Cash would also throttle Dante Rodriguez IMO. I know I am biased towards the Indiana kids but I believe I am pretty accurate on my assessment.

If Assad is ranked in the Top 20, then Tommy Cash should be too! I would take Cash over Assad everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! Cash would also throttle Dante Rodriguez IMO. I know I am biased towards the Indiana kids but I believe I am pretty accurate on my assessment.

From Central Regionals this spring

Austin Assad (Ohio) over Tommy Cash (Indiana) Dec 3-4,7-2,6-1

Y2, that's freestyle. I should qualify my response with "FOLKSTYLE".

That was also Central Regionals which was several months ago. Lets see what would happen now.

I would put my "CASH" on Tommy!

(Althought I must admit, the rankings are based on the total body of work by a wrestler i.e. freestyle and greco)

I agree maligned..... 4 time Fargo champ and only #20..... seems a little whack to me......but what do I know?.....lol

I think he may be  getting less credit because his titles were at Cadet instead of Junior at a upperclassman dominated weight class (seems some others got some credit for there junior national performance).  Plus add in he hasn't won a high school title yet to show his talent against those older kids. They probably didn't take into account who he lost to both years either.   I'm sure they'll learn eventually he has more value than that ranking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.