Biggest/Best Wrestling Fan Base?

Mater Dei for sure although and maybe it's just the fact they don't have as many kids in the finals anymore so maybe they aren't quite as loud as they used to be but still by far....but seems like Cathedral fans have closed the gap a little ..still ther is Mater Dei and everyone else.

just a little history........back in the late 70's - early 80's, i lived with a couple of wrestlers from hobart during college.....when their high school would go to an away duel, they would take as many fans as most schools would have a their homecoming football games.....and talk about crazy.....they had quite the tradition back then.....you don't hear alot about them anymore so i'm not sure if they still have the huge fan base or not......

The Hobart Invite was absolutely crazy when Galka and Cosgrove were on the team.

just a little history........back in the late 70's - early 80's, i lived with a couple of wrestlers from hobart during college.....when their high school would go to an away duel, they would take as many fans as most schools would have a their homecoming football games.....and talk about crazy.....they had quite the tradition back then.....you don't hear alot about them anymore so i'm not sure if they still have the huge fan base or not......

It seems like the Hobart crowds go in waves. In the 70's and early to mid 80's it was huge with some really good teams(Burky's Boys) It kind of died down for a few years then the crop that really got the Hobart Freestyle club on the map came through in like 89-94..very good teams and drew a big following..It died down again  then from like 97-01 it was big again with some of the greatest Brickie teams and wrestlers came through and in 99? Could have won a title falling just short in the Semi's to Mater Dei..another few years where it wasn't as big..Then came the Cosgrove,Galka and eventually Porras teams which had good crowds as well..not as tough total team wise but great individuals..Last couple years have been fairly quiet but I expect that to change with a pretty solid team coming back and the addition of Super frosh Scottie Sopko I'd expect some big crowds again at Hobart...and following them on the road....All through the 90's the Hobart Portage matches were insane..even the years Portage was head and shoulders better the crowds were big and rowdy...great rivalry that I think is really missed at Hobart once they changed conferences.

It seems like the Hobart crowds go in waves. In the 70's and early to mid 80's it was huge with some really good teams(Burky's Boys) It kind of died down for a few years then the crop that really got the Hobart Freestyle club on the map came through in like 89-94..very good teams and drew a big following..It died down again  then from like 97-01 it was big again with some of the greatest Brickie teams and wrestlers came through and in 99? Could have won a title falling just short in the Semi's to Mater Dei..another few years where it wasn't as big..Then came the Cosgrove,Galka and eventually Porras teams which had good crowds as well..not as tough total team wise but great individuals..Last couple years have been fairly quiet but I expect that to change with a pretty solid team coming back and the addition of Super frosh Scottie Sopko I'd expect some big crowds again at Hobart...and following them on the road....All through the 90's the Hobart Portage matches were insane..even the years Portage was head and shoulders better the crowds were big and rowdy...great rivalry that I think is really missed at Hobart once they changed conferences.

thanks for the update.....i always liked going to the football games and wrestling matches with those guys.....it was one of the wildest fan bases i've ever seen....

Detroit Central Catholic Vs Lowell Michigan

http://youtu.be/oiYdpglDbQ8

http://youtu.be/iRBEIYEPhVg

This is the whole meet, but Lowell is still playing football during this meet missing several wrestlers.

Detroit Catholic is where super energy youth coach Mike Krause is currently.  So they should have an energetic fan base for awhile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.