Chris Lytle Retires...

lowsingle

Chris announced retirement yesterday.  I read that he plans to retire after his bout tonight with Hardy.  A warrior since I first met him back in the Southport days. 

Great career Chris.  Classy guy.  Chris stated that he wants home with his 4 kids more.

Im glad you started this post Chris is the best guy he will give you the shirt off his back. Just last week visiting Joe Keiffer with some strong words of encouragement I am sure. We have been around Chris and he is a great roll modle for these kids coming up in wrestling or MMA community. He has individually brought an excitment to MMA to Indiana he is a true champ in life. Thanks Chris Im sure he will still be around a few wrestling rooms. He is going to go out throwing down cant wait.

Chris came up to Riley to visit Joe just last Sunday. Joe was stoked to meet him. Class act.  Jason, thanks for all the words of encouragement and support for Joe. I wish nothing but the best of luck for Andre. I think he will had have a great year.  Campbell, lets get this year. Good luck kid.

Lytle stood brawled the entire fight until Hardy shot with less than a minutes left.  Chris threw in a Guillotine Choke and submitted Hardy.  Two of his kids came in the ring to congratulate him after the win.  He has received a lot of respect all night from the broadcast crew and walked off with a Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night bonus.  Lytle now is the UFC's all time bonus and fight of the night leader.   Solid end to his fight career.

What a career. What a stud. What a great person. A feel proud to be a former Southport Cardinal wrestler as was Chris "Lights Out" Lytle. Thanks Chris for time spent with our kids at Perry and all kids across Indy. Have fun with the family.

Coach Tonte

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.