Probable IU Lineup...?

joe fagiano and adam chalfant should be interesting match-up @ 285.

fagiano won a 5-3 [2ot] match vs. ricky alcala [5th/AA] @ intra-squad.

chalfant coming off 3rd place AA @ juco nationals.  i think he sits 1st half for transfer.

i'm going with big joe ;D  he has more experience & will have been competing before adam.

here's my early early line-up.  it will change i'm sure but iu will be tuff & young.

one or two year away from being possible top 50% in conference meet.

125- brooks [so] or zimmer [fr]

133- ortega [sr]

141- nieman [fr]

149- walsh [fr]

157- konz [jr] or morris [fr]

165- lablanc [so]

174- fretwell [so]

184- chaney [fr]

197- powless [sr]

285- fagiano [sr]

• 2 weeks later...

At one time I thought I heard that brooks was going to UofI but now that I see both rosters he is still with the Hoosiers.  Can someone else tell me that I didn't imagine that?

Also what happened with Chalfant wresling for the Hoosiers?

Seems like IU's roster is a bit light...

Hmmmm....Roach isn't on the roster.

For some reason three underclassman from last year Kriss, Meisner, and St. James are missing from the new roster thus far which is making IU's returning roster look a little small.  But on that roster none of the incoming recruits like Roach have been listed yet.  I'm guessing they will be added once the season begins.

I corrected my above statement to make more sense.  Brooks is at least on the returning list, so I would guess the coaches at least expect him to come back this season.  I haven't spoken with anyone with better inside information though since school has started.  What I was meaning to say before was they haven't added anyone if the incoming guys to the roster so it's hard to tell who all will actually from the commitment list will actually be on the team at this point.  Here who they list as their 2o11-12 signing

JOSH JULIEN ? 125 lbs.

Lebanon High School (Indiana) ... placed sixth in the 2010 state championships ... semi-state qualifier ... career record of 130-28.

NICK SIMPSION ? 125 lbs.

Clermont Northeastern High School (Ohio) ... placed third at the 2011 state championships.

BOB MEYERS ? 125/133 lbs.

Radnor High School (Pennsylvania) ... Owner of a 104-14 career record.

ERIC ROACH ? 149 lbs.

Crown Point High School (Indiana) ... ranked seventh nationally at 145 pounds and No. 46 overall ... two-time state champion ... 2010 Flonationals champion.

LUKE SHERIDAN ? 184 lbs.

De La Salle High School (California) ... ranked 12th nationally at 189 pounds and No. 88 overall ... a three-time state place winner ... a 2010 Junior National champion ... third-place showing at the Senior Nationals.

GARRET GOLDMAN ? 197 lbs.

Bloomington High School North (Indiana) ... ranked 15th nationally at 189 pounds ... won the 2011 state championship with a record of 40-1 ... a Super 32 place winner.

ADAM CHALFANT ? 285 lbs.

Harper Community College (Illinois) ... won the Indiana state championship in 2009 ... placed third at the JUCO Nationals.

CLAYTON CHABERSKI ? 285 lbs.

Genoa-Kingston High School (Illinois) ... runner-up at the 2010 state championships.

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/050311aaa.html