Football vs Wrestling

DemOGuy

I was just wanting to here some thoughts as some wrestlers have to make this difficult choice. Trey Reese last year, Im sure Ty Willis this year. Mitch Sliga the next year. I know its different in every case and there is lots of money if you get far enough in football. Just wanting to here some of the thoughts of others. Is Jackson Bratcher going to college and wrestle or football? Just a little something maybe to discuss.?

It depends on the kid, but there are an absurd amount of NFL players that were former state champ wrestlers.  There were also many others that excelled in wrestling.  If you look at many pro athletes, they also excelled in other sports.  Like I said, it depend on the kid, but I think playing multiple sports is better for them all around.  Noone goes pro in wrestling.  If you want to be a teacher/coach, that is great.  I am only aware of one Olympian from Indiana.  I am sure there could be more, just not aware of them.

Or they could go to a Division III school to focus on academics and do both sports. Ideally they'll go to college to get a good education and have more opportunities rather than solely for sports.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends one where you're being recruited. I'd say if you get recruited by... Ohio state, Michigan, Penn state, the U Florida, Bama, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Texas, USC, and any of those other schools that have a great habbit of sending players to the NFL you should go for it no matter who recruits you in wrestling. But if you get recruited in the big 10 in wrestling but Ball State in football (sry Ball State fans) you should go with wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.