Keiffer/Estes Camp Recap

I want to thank all the wrestlers, coaches and friends that were in attendance at the camp today.  We had a great turn out with 87 wrestlers and many great coaches.  We were able to raise almost $4000.00 to go towards helping these families through this difficult time.  I was amazed at the overwhelming support from the wrestling community.  We had many people who were unable to stay for the camp, but still made the trip to New Pal to drop off a donation.    We did run out of shirts before the camp was over and I know some of you placed orders.  We will be putting in another order for the shirts next week.  If anyone is interested in ordering a shirt please e-mail with shirt size by Wed of next week.  The shirts are $20.00 a piece with the proceeds going to the Kieffer family.

Again thank you to all who came out to show there support for these families.  I am proud to be part of this wrestling family.  God bless you all and please keep these families in your prayers.

I (my) entire family would like to say " Thank You " to all of you who attended and assisted on this camp. I can not explain the emotion we felt after we were told the results of the camp. The list  would go on forever if I tried to to say thanks to all of you.  Brandi Cash, Lance Ellis, Robert Miller, Jason Wartham and the entire University Of Indianapolis coaching staff, Chris Lynch, New Pal wrestling club, to all the clubs that stop by to offer their help. I know I have not even touched on all the list of staff members  that worked to make this a success.  To all the wrestlers and parents who attended we say thanks and are very much appreciative. 

July 15th. will be remembered as the worst day of my life. On that day we found out Joe had been fighting a disease for sometime. We were told Joe was a very sick child. He was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. As with all parents we were very emotionally upset to find this out.  To all the hard core wrestling coaches, you would be amused to know  that the first comments that came out of Joe mouth was " does this mean I can not wrestle".  His mother and I just looked at each other and said, lets worry about you health first Joe. I tell you that story because that's Joe first love. Wrestling has and will continue to be our love. The sport has brought us so many great highlights, but more then anything it has brought us together with some of the most kind heart family's we could ever imagine. All the family's that came up Riley Hospital while he was in the hospital were amazing.  People have reached out on facebook to give Joe words of encouragement. He has drawn strength from all of you. 

The last four days have been much better for Joe, he is eating better and continues to find a way to walk each night up and down the street. With all of your prayers and support and with the " will "  that Joe has displayed.  Leukemia picked a fight with the wrong kid. This child is a fighter and a warrior. Wrestling prepared him for this fight. Please keep Joe  and all the kids in your prayers who have been dealt a challenging hand.  Power of prayer has and will always be heard.

I am going to start posting updates about Joe progression on a web site "caringbridge"  it can be found on Riley Hospital home page.  Again, Thanks for all your support.

The Kieffer Family

I could never do all that work alone.  I am very blessed to be part of such a great wrestling club with the Dragon Wrestling Club.  Mike Hunt, Michelle Niemier, Aaron Dowden, Coach Harding, Julie and Frank Pine and many more helped with all aspects of the camp.  I would like to extend my thanks and all of yours to them and everyone else that helped put this event together.  I hate that we had to do this, but since it had to be done, I am glad it was a success.  We will still be collecting donations for these families.  The checks can be made out to DWC and mailed to Benefit Camp C/O DWC  P.O. Box 300 New Palestine IN 46163.  Again thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.