8th Graders wrestling in HS Yes or No?

MCKAJC

Sorry if I confused you I meant I have not seen any 8Th graders that could of placed at state I believe except maybe Tsirtsis. I even talked to Sliga his 8th grade year and he streight told me he couldnt beat their varsity guy (even take him down) that was my point, sorry for any confusion

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I confused you I meant I have not seen any 8Th graders that could of placed at state I believe except maybe Tsirtsis. I even talked to Sliga his 8th grade year and he streight told me he couldnt beat their varsity guy (even take him down) that was my point, sorry for any confusion

Philips might have done well. I don't know what weight Sliga was in the 8th grade but I think that Fishers 189 went to state that year I dunno about there 171

I only say Philips cause he would have been 103 plus I was once told (I dunno if this is true so don't quote me and I'll quickly take back if this isn't true I dodn't even rember who said this) that Philips beat Raley in Middle school who won state that year. Mullins from New Castle would have done well at 103 his 8th grade year.

If you believe that Jason is the only wrestler that could have placed as an eight grade you have missed a lot of great wrestlers.  Brendon Campbell is one who I believe could have placed.  Nick Lee, Tommy Cash, and Bailey Lahue would have had a good chance this year.   The Crary boys are very good wrestlers that want to compete with older kids to improve.  When my son was in 4th grade in 2008 he was watching the 189 pound match at Cathedral vs. Perry and stated "I'm going to the concession stand because this match is not worth watching.  Your son left one of the best coaches in Indiana.

Cash is a Freshman this year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.