Indiana outperforms Pennsylvania in Jr Freestyle...

Unless I missed something, our boys had a better tournament than a loaded Pennsylvania. It tells us a couple of things: one, this was an incredibly tough tourney and two, we have some really elite studs. Congrats to our placers and our near-misses and especially Jason Tsirtsis, who finally nabbed that elusive Fargo title in impressive fashion.

Congrats also to our cadet teams, the jr greco squad and our beastly girls. You all made Indiana proud!

Well needless to say the Pennsylvania performance at the Junior level was definitely a disappointment considering the numbers they brought and their long history of success.    My guess would be they couldn't get all of their top guys on board, just like many other teams including Indiana have trouble doing. 

I think it is worth noting that great success that Illinois had winning almost every national competition this year.  Not sure what their state organization has done lately in youth development and getting top guys to attend the national events, but I think its worth investigating. 

On the Indiana side of things I felt many of our wrestlers preformed well.  Clearly walking away with a good number of All-Americans and a few National Champions is a nice accomplishment.  Team wise we were not always near the top of the list, they only score points based on All American placement.  Because of that I think its worth giving some credit to the many wrestlers who went deep into the tournament and were just one or two matches from reaching All American status.  While those results are not reflected in Indiana's team total they do speak about the talent we have.

PA brought a very strong team and underperformed. They had most of their top dogs

I've been hearing they were decently light in talent in the Junior divisions.  But, with a performance like that I'd claim we were missing plenty of top guys too.

I think if some of the top dogs would of went from IN we could of placed in the top 10 easy if Willis,or Bratcher,Masengale,Boston ect. IN is pretty loaded why doesnt Boston wrestle Fargo or any National tourneys?

is IN on the rise as far as intl style wrestling is concerned?  Last yr we didnt have as good a showing as this yr?  Why the improved performance?  Is this a blip or an actual indication of better things to come for indiana in regards to national competitions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.