We need some excitement...Pre pre Season Rankings

Mr Freeze

Although bench does measure strength in some ways, I think it is overrated in others. Over all strength in all muscle groups along with technique are the most important things. If you combine those two with natural athletic ability you have a force to be reckoned with. If you have a kid who can bench a lot but is week on all other lifts, what has he accomplished other than lifting while on his back, not where he wants to be...Not saying that is where the kid you are talking about would end up, I am saying that there are much more important things than the bench press.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yes im aware they don't weigh exactly 112 when they perform the lifts, but i would bet he doesnt weigh more than 130 and those are still great stats

Hey mrknowitall, you do realize that if a 112 weighed 130, that kind of a weight cut would probably be outside the bounds of the weight loss program as put forth by the IHSAA.  Just sayin'.

Pretty sure there is a sport (maybe not considered a sport to many) for weight lifting.  Wrestling is a sport of strength along with balance, agility, intelligence and TECHNIQUE.  Maybe you guys should start a new thread on who's kids can bench more than others (granted there should be pics and video for our viewing pleasure).  Thought this was about wrestling and I have seen some pretty strong kids go down pretty easily.  Seriously, my kid's stronger than your kid?  Let's talk about wrestling  moves and who is best at what move and why.  Heck those kids on Jersey Shore can probably bench quite a bit but that doesn't mean I watch that crap.  I am also pretty sure that wrestling requires not only upper body strength but core strength and some pretty strong hips and legs...with everything I am reading I am going to see some sad kids leaving Conseco on a Friday night who are built like little kids toy tops. :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.