Nathan Boston

lpd096

I got nothing but respect for a kid that comes on here to answer, as well as address all of his supporters & critics.  It sounds like he has a vision for his future, and a plan to attain his goals on & off the wrestling mat.  Good luck on your future. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad Is in international business and has 14 months left on a project. Also I feel like going to Graham would help me become a better person in the long run on and off the mat. I also have a lot of friends that go to a Graham so it's not like I'm leaving all of my friends in some cases I'm just getting to know others better.I'm also excited to wrestle at the Ironman and Clash, and compete with more nationally ranked guys.

Fair enough.  Good luck.

My dad Is in international business and has 14 months left on a project. Also I feel like going to Graham would help me become a better person in the long run on and off the mat. I also have a lot of friends that go to a Graham so it's not like I'm leaving all of my friends in some cases I'm just getting to know others better.I'm also excited to wrestle at the Ironman and Clash, and compete with more nationally ranked guys.

well sounds like u have given the decision a lot of thought, would have loved to see you wrestle at conseco this yr, my 1st time back to the state finals in over 4 yrs! But im sure we'll be hearing your name throughout the season, show them buckeye boys how HOOSIERS do it.  Good Luck Bud, hope 2 see ya on the top of the podium no matter what state its in

Not sure if people are half joking with some of these dodging wrestlers comments  but a wrestler  doesn't attend St. Paul Graham in OH to get easier competition.  They  travel in and out of state to wrestle one of the toughest schedules in the country.  Including the Iron Man,  Beast of the East, a dual vs. Blair Academy and St. Edwards.   Boston will be tested against some of the nations best.  Plus OH has several top nationally ranked lightweights he may have to pace.  If anything the move is more to seek out even more competition than the few top guys he will run into in IN during the state series.  Like I said before, you can agree with the reasoning behind the move or not, but its definitely not based on trying to stay away from any of IN top guys.

I have known Nathan since he was a little kid. I have to say, he dodges no one. If he don`t beat them he keeps coming back until he does. I do wish we would have seen another 4 time state champ here in Indiana. You can watch the kid drill and see why he is one of the best.

Not sure if people are half joking with some of these dodging wrestlers comments  but a wrestler  doesn't attend St. Paul Graham in OH to get easier competition.  They  travel in and out of state to wrestle one of the toughest schedules in the country.  Including the Iron Man,  Beast of the East, a dual vs. Blair Academy and St. Edwards.   Boston will be tested against some of the nations best.  Plus OH has several top nationally ranked lightweights he may have to pace.  If anything the move is more to seek out even more competition than the few top guys he will run into in IN during the state series.  Like I said before, you can agree with the reasoning behind the move or not, but its definitely not based on trying to stay away from any of IN top guys.

I am "half joking". I don't think it's a matter of "dodging", and it's not my place to approve or disapprove of such a move. I do think Stevan would have better than a good chance of avenging last years semi's loss to Nathan at State. A noticeably bigger Boston need a take down with time running out to win. He got it and deserved the Championship. The very tight nature of that match created a buzz, and for me and I'm sure many other a much anticipated rematch that now will not happen. Without question Nathan Boston is a outstanding talent, and his move is a loss for Indiana Wrestling. I hope the move works out for him. He's moving to Ohio but he was developed in Indiana. So in my book he's still an Indiana kid.

i can say that their is no way that Nathan fears wrestling anyone in the state or the country! Nathan will really excell at Graham and will see just as good if not better competition in Ohio, he will fit right in! Good luck young man.

Funny... I don't remember Boston having a hard time "getting through" Micic at state?

Did you see the match? 3-3 with about :40 to go, after a few good scrambles no points from either, Boston gets on an outside single and needs to work hard to finish. 5-3 final score. This match could have gone either way.

Did you see the match? 3-3 with about :40 to go, after a few good scrambles no points from either, Boston gets on an outside single and needs to work hard to finish. 5-3 final score. This match could have gone either way.

Bottom line is that both kids are awesome wrestlers and the only losers are all of us fans who won't get the chance to see a rematch.....but ya never know down the road they might cross paths again. Let's hope so.....

I know it was an intense match, and Micic is really good. In fact, he has a great chance at being the champ next year. My point is why would he move states because he's scared of a kid he already beat?

Either way Nathan Boston won the match and won state.. Who cares how that match ended. If he won state his freshman year, got recruited by IU  (Big Ten School), and now going to a top ranked team in the USA then does it really matter? Nathan is a regular teenager with normal problems. Let him grow into the great wrestler he will  be and stop putting him on a godly level.. He won and that's that!! #TeamBoston

Either way Nathan Boston won the match and won state.. Who cares how that match ended. If he won state his freshman year, got recruited by IU  (Big Ten School), and now going to a top ranked team in the USA then does it really matter? Nathan is a regular teenager with normal problems. Let him grow into the great wrestler he will  be and stop putting him on a godly level.. He won and that's that!! #TeamBoston

Good points Gucci, He's the defending champ. I really thought Cody Phillips was more dominant his fresh and soph years than Boston has been so far and Phillips was third last year. I'm sure no one at his(Boston) level "runs" from anyone. That being said I also would have given the edge to Micic next time. 

Without a doubt, Boston would have to have been the favorite at 106. However, had he made a jump in weight, say to 113, then a contender, but not necessarily the favorite. It is very difficult to move up in weight and remain dominate. Here is a list of 103lb state champs since 1998 and how they faired the next years.

1998 - Doherty (11) 103-1st; 1999 112-1st

1999 - Iannarelli (12) 103-1st

2000 - Sheets (9) 103-1st; 2001 112-3rd; 2002 119-3rd; 2003 119-3rd

2001 - Clark (12) 103-1st

2002 - Hartman (12) 103-1st

2003 - Martinez (11) 103-1st; 2004 112-3rd

2004 - Lloyd (11) 103-1st; 2005 119-Qualifier

2005 - Galka (9) 103-1st; 2006 119-Qualifier; 2007 130-1st; 2008 135-2nd

2006 - Harper (9) 103-1st; 2007 112-1st; 2008 125-1st; 2009 130-4th

2007 - Eppert (10) 103-1st; 2008 112-2nd; 2009 119-1st

2008 - Raley (9) 103-1st; 2008 119-Qualifier; 2010 125-2nd; 2011 135-1st

2009 - Phillips (9) 103-1st; 2010 103-1st; 2011 112-3rd

2010 - Phillips 103-1st; 2011 112-3rd

2011 - Boston 103-1st

Only one has repeated as champ the year they moved up a weight class and that was Harper. Only 5 moved up weight classes and ever one another Championship (2 of which were not freshman when they won at 103). 103 may be the easiest class to win a championship as a freshman, but it may also be the most difficult to move up from and win another state championship.