Tsirtsis

Bruschi

Anybody else think he might land in Michigan?? Don't know if he worked with Bormet when he was younger, but with Russell being a senior at UM and Pritzlof and Bormet as assistance I could see Tsirtsis going there.  If McCauley and Thielke transfer and they get Massa and Tsirtsis that is going to be a nice lineup.  I am interested to see where Tsirtsis goes.

I am sure Howe will transfer to Michigan too, but doubt Tsirtsis and Howe wrestle at the same time unless Tsirtsis goes as a true freshman and Howe olympic redshirts next year.

If I recall from an interview earlier this year I believe he said he hadn't narrowed down his choices to the top few spots yet.  But he did mention he has a strong interest at staying around the Big 10.  With the  great coaching and training partner combinations around that conferences he has several great wrestling school to pick from that can help him reach his goals.  Another factor being is whats his thought process on varsity.  Is it high on his list to get 4 full years of varsity after a possible first year redshirt or could he be OK sitting the bench one varsity year if it means he is training behind the #1 or #2 ranked guy in the nation around his weight.

I would be very surprised if....

1. Howe does NOT take an Olympic redshirt

2. Howe dons a Wisconsin singlet ever again

As far as Tsirtsis, I believe he is more of an Izzy kid than Bormet/Overtime kid so the Bormet and Pritzlaff lure is not as strong.  Also, Prtiz and Bormet would be working out with guys like McCaulley and Massa, but not necessarily someone like Tsirtsis.  Do not forget Michigan also has Eric Grajales who is wrestling at 149 and should be a 141lber.  From what people have said, Jason has great academics and will have his pick of the litter as far as schools goes.  Hopefully we will be able to get some information soon on his potential whereabouts.    

I don't know how you got off topic onto Howe...

But typical Indianamat nonsense.

Show no respect to the commitment you made to a program, coach, and school, and just jump ship whenever you think you might have some selfish advantage. How about he honors the commitment he made to Barry?

No more honor, pride, and doing the right thing, just whatever is best for me today. Good thing you folks weren't around during the American Revolution or I would have been forced to watch even more of that royal wedding garbage.

I don't know how you got off topic onto Howe...

But typical Indianamat nonsense.

Show no respect to the commitment you made to a program, coach, and school, and just jump ship whenever you think you might have some selfish advantage. How about he honors the commitment he made to Barry?

No more honor, pride, and doing the right thing, just whatever is best for me today. Good thing you folks weren't around during the American Revolution or I would have been forced to watch even more of that royal wedding garbage.

Honestly...I think that people lose sight of what college is about. You go to do the best things for you...if he wants to chase his dreams and continue to get better he has to leave...no pride would be sitting on a sinking ship, no honor Im not even going to touch, and doing the right thing is about doing what is best for him.

Honestly...I think that people lose sight of what college is about. You go to do the best things for you...if he wants to chase his dreams and continue to get better he has to leave...no pride would be sitting on a sinking ship, no honor Im not even going to touch, and doing the right thing is about doing what is best for him.

i agree. howe should do whats best for him.

Barry Davis is a tremendous human being, but he is not the recruiting draw. Donny Pritzlaf is the reason a lot of those kids went to Wisconsin.

Absolutly true!

I'm going to take my own shot and say Howe will follow Pritzlaf. Seems like a no brainer since Pritz was the reason he went to Wis in the first place.

And Jason Tsirtsis will sign with Northwestern or Iowa.

Just my opinion.

Jeez. It must be rough being married to you fellas. According to your logic, you should just leave your wife if you happen to stumble upon a younger better looking woman at some point. Hey who wants to stay with a 'sinking ship?' You have 'do whats best for you.' right?

Jeez. It must be rough being married to you fellas. According to your logic, you should just leave your wife if you happen to stumble upon a younger better looking woman at some point. Hey who wants to stay with a 'sinking ship?' You have 'do whats best for you.' right?

That's a bit different. You're comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. You agree to attend a college or university based on things that appeal to you as an individual.

For example, you decide to go to school A because it has an academic program in education and you believe you'll do well there. Two years into your education the program is dropped based on a lack of interest from the student body. What are you supposed to do? Stay loyal and change your future career as an educator? Or do you transfer because the school isn't holding up to their end of the bargain?

As I see it, Wisconsin is not holding up to their end of the bargain.  Howe chose to go their based on what they could offer him, that?s changed. In my opinion, he has the right to look out for his best interests. While they may still be able to offer him a great education, that may not be as important to him or the reason he agreed to attend Wisconsin.

Coach W - That is a very well-reasoned response and I can understand your point. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. If they dropped the wrestling program or his course of study was in jeopardy I could understand. But with an assistant coaching change I feel he needs to honor the commitment Wisconsin made to him - free education - and to Barry. I don't think he will be leaving.

That's a bit different. You're comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. You agree to attend a college or university based on things that appeal to you as an individual.

For example, you decide to go to school A because it has an academic program in education and you believe you'll do well there. Two years into your education the program is dropped based on a lack of interest from the student body. What are you supposed to do? Stay loyal and change your future career as an educator? Or do you transfer because the school isn't holding up to their end of the bargain?

As I see it, Wisconsin is not holding up to their end of the bargain.  Howe chose to go their based on what they could offer him, that?s changed. In my opinion, he has the right to look out for his best interests. While they may still be able to offer him a great education, that may not be as important to him or the reason he agreed to attend Wisconsin.

I kind of see your point. Maybe I don't completely understand the situation and you could shed some light. According to your first example, did they drop his area of study? Also, are you assuming he is paying to attend this university and study his chosen area of discipline. That would be different in my opinion. Or, do you think it's OK to leave an institution because they change assistant coaches? I would hope that most blue chippers realize many, if not most, DI schools change assistant coaches almost yearly. Personally, from what I've seen and read, Andrew could be successful at any institution he chooses. With only one year left and that close to a degree, I don't see the importance of assitant coach....if that's what your getting at by "holding up to their end of their bargain." It's not like this is going to cost him millions of dollars in the upcoming draft.

As far as Howe goes..... Isn't there a Big 10 conference rule that states that if you transfer to a different Big 10 school that you cannot receive an athletic scholarship from the new school?  That may weigh pretty heavy into his decision.  Isn't there also an NCAA rule where you can lose a year of athletic eligibility if the school you are transferring from does not release you or something similar to what happened to Metcalf when he transferred from Virginia Tech to Iowa to follow Coach Brands?  This may also be a big deal considering that Howe only has 1 more year of eligibility left.  I am aware that he has a redshirt year to take, but I am not sure how this plays into it. 

The reason any of this discussion is even happening is because Howe is taking an Olympic redshirt to train for and try to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.  It's become pretty common practice for guys to take this redshirt, then come back at another school since they've fulfilled their one-year-between-competition-years requirement.  As others have mentioned, though, Wisconsin very likely won't release Howe to transfer to another Big10 school. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.