THE STREAK

Im sure many of you have already known about this or seen this documentary. I have just finished watching ''The Streak'' on ESPN it was filmed a few years ago it is The story of Florida's Brandon High School's wrestling program, which holds the longest winning streak in American sports history with a perfect record of 451-0 a record spanning 34 years. The film follows the team who entered the 2007-2008 wrestling season with a record of 439-0.  It is a great wrestling story so glad i had the chance to watch it!

I was able to find an excerpt from the film but not the entire documentary maybe somebody can help be nice for all wrestling fans to see this documentary

Does anybody but know if Florida has a Team state tournament and an individual state tournament?

Brandon won the HS Team state championship, and it seemed like which ever wrestler won the match in the that state finals meet was crowned state champion... some wrestlers were crownded state champions even though they had a handful or more of losses in the regual season.. didnt seem like they had an individual tournament like we have in Indiana. just currious

Florida has a three class individual state tournament where the team scored is also kept.  There is no team dual meet tournament.  I believe Fort Myers High School once won a state championship after winning very few dual meets and finishing 4th in their district and and 3rd in their regional.  I believe they had four state champs that year.  

Brandon is a 3A school, though at the time of THE STREAK they may of been a 2A and South Dade 3A.  No matter, Brandon is the real deal as are a few schools in Florida.

DevilDog, there are a couple of the Brandon kids that have joined our beloved  Corps!!  Eddie Hutchison and his brother Nick were state place winners for the Brandon Eagles and are now Marines!!  I am over here in Okinawa and had the pleasure of wrestling Eddie at an open tournament this past year!!  He has since joined the Marine Corps wrestling team.  Watch out for him on the international stage here within the next couple years!!

Drooke, at the time I didn't exactly know what I was getting myself into!!  It was a freestyle tournament, but the match started and he controlled my left arm, then he hit me with a firemans.  He guted me twice and won the 1st period 6-0.  The second period he was kinda tired and only beat me 3-0!!    He also wrestled for Appalachian State for 4 years. Anyway it was a good time and he is a tough guy.  Yeah Im glad to see him back in Indiana, I talked to him about getting with a Bloomington school, but he said he might go small and start destroying all the big schools!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.