Pritzlaff resigns

julio

He'll be fine.  He knows what he needs at this point in his career in terms of being challenged in the room.  They'll get the right people around him.  I think it would have been a bigger deal a couple years ago.

My feeling was it maybe something he felt was needed in order to expand the depth of his coaching resume.  Pritz has been trying to court a head coaching job at a big school lately but hadn't obtained one.  Since he's not going to take over the reigns at Wisconsin soon this maybe a way to show the next set of perspective schools he has a wider body of work in developing athletes and a team.

As for Howe losing coaches Pritzlaff, Ruschell, and maybe Frayer too, along with the graduation of one practice partner does put him in a little bit of a bind. I'm guessing he has the preparation and mindset to make it through in Wisconsin, but it does put pressure on Coach Davis to get someone in there quick that is able to work with and help Howe.

It sounds like Prtzlaf was fired according to some people.

Well one guy used the word fired with no real source of confirmation. Though his thought about how the division occured could have some merit.   I could Wisconsin saying that Davis is there long term choice and they would not entertain the idea of Pritz being next in line for the  job any time soon. Then I could see them suggestion that if he didn't like that open of a time frame that his head coaching aspirations maybe better serves helping with a different program.  Who knows how divided or heated the conversations got though if they even happened that way  If that's close to the case then I wouldn't have used the word fired as much as leaving because you didn't like your bosses plan for your chances of advancement. Again no clue if any of that is true it's just based off of the conversation going on in a few other places which could just be speculation also.  The guy that originally said fired has already made statements suggesting his comments mat have been more from the circumstances than actual confirmed reports.

It might not even affect him this year as he could take an Olympic redshirt

Right, anyone know if this is official?  Won't he take an Olympic red-shirt?  If he's planning on this anyway, and if for some reason he's not happy with where things are headed at UW, his options would become wide open for his 5th year since his red-shirt year could double as a transfer year.  I have no reason to think this is true, but he's not stuck if he doesn't want to be.

Right, anyone know if this is official?  Won't he take an Olympic red-shirt?  If he's planning on this anyway, and if for some reason he's not happy with where things are headed at UW, his options would become wide open for his 5th year since his red-shirt year could double as a transfer year.  I have no reason to think this is true, but he's not stuck if he doesn't want to be.

I think that would be an option  However from what I've read it's a little more complicated to transfer within the Big 10. There seems to be some rule that restricts an athlete from being allowed a scholarship at the new school.  Though I'm not sure if that's all sports and have no clue how it's worded. 

Pritlaff and Overtime coach Sean Bormet  end up at Michigan.  I'm assuming they may be grooming Bormet to take over eventually and Pritzlaff to help them for a few years until he gets a head coaching positions.  They just got a heck of a lot better with adding this tandem, especially if Pritzlaff sticks around until a really desirable head job presents itself.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/061711aaa.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.