Freestyle State Numbers

AJ

I think we disagree on this.  I know of numerous people who did not like the fairgrounds.  There has been numerous complaints over the years about having our state finals in a cow/horse/pig barn.  I do not think the venue impacted many peoples decisions to wrestler in the state tournament this year.

Is Perry the rule or the exception?  Many other dominate programs do not put huge emphasis on all three styles.  But they do all put in the time and effort in the sport that is needed to be a dominant team.  As do many coaches who still dont have a dominant team.

Perry is dominate because they have dedicated coach`s that would be there whether they are paid to be or not. They are in the room six days a week. They have huge club numbers. When their kids come to wrestle... That is what they do. They don`t play...My hat is off to their program...They are truly a dominate force...As much as I hate to say it...They will win it all next season...

TBD

In the last ten years what has ever changed?

How about adding Folkstyle?  That was a huge structural change for the ISWA that not everyone agreed with, but it was what wrestlers, coaches, and parents wanted.

As Folkstyle grew, ISWA separated the little kids from the older kids.  This year, freestyle state changed dates and location, qualification for freestyle state was dropped, separation criteria was established, and matside pairing was used.  All of these changes came from suggestions by the wrestling community.

The ISWA works hard for our sport.  The board knows who it is serving and does what is best for wrestling in Indiana.

How about adding Folkstyle?  That was a huge structural change for the ISWA that not everyone agreed with, but it was what wrestlers, coaches, and parents wanted.

As Folkstyle grew, ISWA separated the little kids from the older kids.  This year, freestyle state changed dates and location, qualification for freestyle state was dropped, separation criteria was established, and matside pairing was used.  All of these changes came from suggestions by the wrestling community.

The ISWA works hard for our sport.  The board knows who it is serving and does what is best for wrestling in Indiana.

What's this???? One of those "powers" on here talking to the minions.....Can't be.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.