Franklin Iron-Man Tournament

rvq71

Yesterday was Taybor's first ISWA tournament of the year due to concussions, and boy was I not missing the time off!!!....lol

If yesterday was a long day for you as a parent or a wrestler at Franklin, raise your hand........If you were a volunteer or helped in any way with this tournament, pat yourself on the back......it was a longer day for you!!

Everybody wanted to scream and yell at the Franklin people, when it was out of there control. For any of you that know anything about Track Wrestling, you know it can be the best tool in wrestling, or it can be an absolute train wreck! Yesterday it was an absolute train wreck and it was nothing that Frankin did wrong. (other than using it this weekend)

I am quite a jokester (as many of you know) and I was amazed that I could still get smiles out of the Franklin people as I was leaving the gym at 10:00 at night!  :) .......and I only got yelled at by Pat once yesterday!  LOL  :o.....  We love ya Pat and you have a great group of people at your finger tips!  I bet that 90% of the people there yesterday didn't realize that a lot of your "volunteering" parents had been up all night from the day before trying to get this tournament underway......(because of track wrestling)

Saying all that, we won't let yesterday keep us away next year!

I also want to thank them for asking Tanniehill to officiate yesterday.......He turned a long day into an interesting one....  I would like for someone to get him some glass's though so he can read the bout sheets when he approaches the scores bench to double check the score! I spent most of my day toying with him and he was a real trooper!  ;D......and also a huge congrats goes out to Mr. Ellis for going on the manhunt and investigating who was doing the crop-dusting in our area!  ;)

On a serious note, A HUGE thank you for all the prayers and concerns for my little Frankton wrestler Mathew Poff. He suffered a neck injury in his greco match and was taken to Methodist hospital where he is still in the ICU unit this morning. The response and care he received from the medics at Franklin high school and the ones that transported him by ambulance was great and his family and myself thank you for taking great care of him!!

Ryan Quear

Please keep us updated on little Mathew Poff's condition.  We parents sat there in the stands and watched as he was taken out.  We were all quite concerning.  Prayers from your friends at Wabash Valley Wrestling Club.

Matthew got to come home from the hospital last night. He got a bad concussion and bruised his spine........he's stuck in a neck brace for a few weeks, but will make a full recovery and return!

Thank You for all the thoughts & prayers!!  :) :)

Ryan Quear

There was some GREAT competition there. Not a single kid that wasnt a stud, IMO. Got out of there a little late but knowing the sacrifces the Franklin people made to see to it that we had brackets up and ready I'm not going to complain. Thanks to everyone, we had a great time. Also, thanks for the update on Matthew. My heart sinks when I see a kid hauled off on a stretcher and instantly send up prayers but am usually left wondering how they are so its nice to know he is home and on the mend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.