FILA Juniors and US Open

Tsirtsis has already qualified for the FILA Junior WTT's by virtue of placing 3rd at Junior Freestyle last year.  By the way the FILA Junior WTT's will be at Franklin High School.

My personal hero and Tom Clark's long lost son, Eric Lopshire will be going for the rare double in both Greco and Freestyle, watch out for him to make some noise this weekend.

I'm really excited about Jr WTTs being held at Franklin.  I'm not privy to such things....how did an event like that move from Colorado Springs to Franklin?  I understand moving the event to a new venue but Franklin?  No disrespect at all just curious.

Tsirtsis has already qualified for the FILA Junior WTT's by virtue of placing 3rd at Junior Freestyle last year.  By the way the FILA Junior WTT's will be at Franklin High School.

My personal hero and Tom Clark's long lost son, Eric Lopshire will be going for the rare double in both Greco and Freestyle, watch out for him to make some noise this weekend.

Y2,

I was talking about the tournament this week in Cleveland.  I thought that was the tournament Tsirtsis was talking about on his interview. 

2011 ASICS FILA Jr Nationals - Freestyle

Is this a different one than FILA Jr. WTT's?

He may be forgoing this weekend's tournament because just last weekend he was wrestling folkstyle.  I do not know if he meant he was participating this weekend or not.  He did state his goal was to make the FILA Junior World Team and since he is already qualified might have just thought about taking the weekend off to rest and heal from a tough weekend last week.

He may be forgoing this weekend's tournament because just last weekend he was wrestling folkstyle.  I do not know if he meant he was participating this weekend or not.  He did state his goal was to make the FILA Junior World Team and since he is already qualified might have just thought about taking the weekend off to rest and heal from a tough weekend last week.

Yeah I agree, especially if he is wrestling in the scholastic duals next week.  132 is stacked this week with Logan Stieber, Ramos, dardanes (I think he won it last year) and many more college studs.

The FILA WTT will be held the same week-end as Central Regional Championships.

FILA Junior World Team Trials

Friday, May 20th

Challenge Tournament

Preliminaries, Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals

FILA Jr. Greco-Roman: All weights

FILA Jr. Freestyle: All weights

9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Final Trials: Match #1, Match #2 and Match #3 (if needed)

FILA Jr. Greco-Roman: All weights

FILA Jr. Freestyle: All weights

5:30 PM - 8:00 PM

USA Wrestling Central Regional FS & GR Championships

Friday, May 20th

Registration for all Groups (Age & Style)

6:30 PM to 7:30 PM

Kids, Cadet and Festival Weigh-ins

7:30 PM to 7:50 PM

Tsirtsis is in the brackets.

His off season schedule is nuts.  Flonationals, Fila and Scholastic duals then Jr. WTT.  He is one wrestler that seeks out the best competition any chance he gets.  Good luck to him, hopefully can get to the semis to face Ramos from Iowa. 

Just beat me to it Y2.

Great scramble in the first to save himself and got the lucky step out from it when the got back to neutral.

Tsirsis lost in 3 periods. 1-0 0-1 0-2  Couldn't get in on a solid TD against a tough Ramos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.