Brock Morgan wins 2 State titles.

IMAWRESTLER

Since no one has clarified this yet I guess I'll ask.  Is he living with relatives or something while attending school there and then living in Indiana during the summer break?  Or did the family permanently move from Indiana to Minnesota and his name is being brought up as a former Indiana wrestler?  

Since no one has clarified this yet I guess I'll ask.  Is he living with relatives or something while attending school there and then living in Indiana during the summer break?  Or did the family permanently move from Indiana to Minnesota and his name is being brought up as a former Indiana wrestler?  

I don't know how much validity there is to this, but I heard he is living with the Hall kid. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I'm pretty sure his dad still works at Beech Grove.

Brock will be back this summer.

Thanks.  Follow up question would be since they had obviously made specific plans reguarding his middle school career does the family have plans for what they would like to do in high school.  i.e. stay at Apple Valley, attend a local Indiana school, attend a prep school someplace in the nation?  Just curious if Indiana will get to see him in action during his high school career.  

I don't know this young man or his family, but everytime I read a story about a "super athlete" being developed at such a young age, I am reminded of Todd Marinovich ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Marinovich)

I hate to be so critical of a family's personal decision since I don't know all the details, and yet I am finding it hard to believe that having a 7th grader live apart from his family for any reason - athletic or otherwise - is beneficial.

I don't know this young man or his family, but everytime I read a story about a "super athlete" being developed at such a young age, I am reminded of Todd Marinovich ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Marinovich)

I hate to be so critical of a family's personal decision since I don't know all the details, and yet I am finding it hard to believe that having a 7th grader live apart from his family for any reason - athletic or otherwise - is beneficial.

I really agree with this post.  will he get a college scholarship more easily because of what hes doing at apple valley?  Probably.  But its a rare individual that gets a 100% full ride scholarship in wrestling.  As was stated originally, I know nothing of this family's personal situation, but I would whither and die if I wasnt able to be a daily part of my kids life before they go off to college or fly the nest.  We have such a short time with them, why waste it on something as frivilous as sports.

I really agree with this post.  will he get a college scholarship more easily because of what hes doing at apple valley?  Probably.  But its a rare individual that gets a 100% full ride scholarship in wrestling.  As was stated originally, I know nothing of this family's personal situation, but I would whither and die if I wasnt able to be a daily part of my kids life before they go off to college or fly the nest.  We have such a short time with them, why waste it on something as frivilous as sports.

Oh now you went and done it! Obviously you don't know the road to becoming a division 1 All American (sarcasm)... Stick around, I?m sure one of the experts here will tell you how it?s done?

It would be really hard to send your kid away time flies to fast having them in the house. If he is a stud he would get the same opportunities here in indy. How many parents would be able to send there kids half way across the country to live just to be a better wrestler supposidly?

It would be really hard to send your kid away time flies to fast having them in the house. If he is a stud he would get the same opportunities here in indy. How many parents would be able to send there kids half way across the country to live just to be a better wrestler supposidly?

You can't compare the level of competition that he would receive at an Indy school to what he receives at a top school in the nation, especially one without travel restrictions.

This is why he goes to Apple Valley 

http://www.flowrestling.org/embed/Mzg4NDc2ODA4"

So he could be on a cool highlight video on flowrestling? Wouldn't our sport be better off, especially in Indiana, if our studs stayed at their community schools and tried to elevate them to the level of an Apple Valley rather than jumping ship in order to "do what's best for the kid" as a lot of people on this board tend to believe?

After reading these posts, I first would want to congratulate Brock on his accomplishments. He is a great kid and a terrific wrestler. I too, do not know the circumstances of him wrestling in Minnesota nor is it any of my business as to how anyone decides to raise their kids. I just want to give my perspective on being away from home. I am a former US Marine and I enlisted at the age of 17 and did a 6 year hitch. Leaving home at a young age took so much away from family time I could never get back. A lot of these times are taken for granted by most of us as being unimportant. For the most part, unimportant unless you are the one who is absent.

They leave the house soon enough. I am going to embrace the time I have with Travis as long as I can. If he becomes a successful college wrestler or just a good kid who loved to wrestle. I am going to be there as often as I can to watch him grow into the fine young man he is becoming. I work in the emergency medical service and am gone 24 hours at a time. I could not image not seeing him 24/7 during his developmental years.

Good luck to Brock next season. I for one miss seeing him wrestle on Indiana wrestling mats. He is very impressive to watch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.