Former McCutcheon wrestler injured in Afghanistan, Matthew Bowman, 23

B Campbell

I will be praying for you Matthew and your family....

As a former vet and a father that has a kid wanting to join the military, which makes me very proud, I can halfway understand what you and your family are going through.. I enlisted when the Iranians took our 52 Americans hostages  and kept them for 444 days......Just remember that there are way more people out here that support you and your comrades for doing what you do for our country than not....The sacrifice that you have given for our country is way more important than anything that you could have done on the wrestling mat....

Keep your chin up and be proud....You are a HOOSIER WARRIOR and a HOOSIER CHAMPION....

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

You will always be a Veteran rdrodd1.  Maybe a former servicemember, but always a vet.  Thanks for your service.  I have served overseas in the GWOT as have both of my brothers and my brother in law (who is retired due to injuries sustained in Afghanistan).  I certainly hope this young man is able to make a full and complete recovery.  I know full well the spoils of war in this respect and it can be a rough and rocky road.  God bless the Bowman family and may they find the peace and understanding to deal with this difficult time in their life. 

Jason R. Richey

My thoughts and prayers are with the Bowman family. I served overseas as well and I know this is a family's biggest fear. The article seems to have a positive outlook for his well being though. If he's well enough to travel back to the states that is usually a good sign. God bless!

You just let me know if you need the Indy support......I will try to put it together....If not, I will be there with my little grandson that will be grabbing his leg and asking me if this a takedown????

May he recover quickly and a positive note the government will give him a paycheck for the rest of his life and his children will be able to attend any state funded school tution free, this will help him in the long run.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.