Not So Good Season But Maybe Good Next Year?

I think of kids like Cody LeCount of Perry Meridian who majored state placewinner Alonzo Shepherd but came up a little short in a tough ticket round match out of the brutal 112 weight at New Castle that could place really high next year.  Also, Mike Venezia of Indianapolis Cathedral had wins this year over state placewinners Josh Farrell and Gideon VanHook but came up a little short at the semi-state for the second year in a row. He is another kid that I think could place really high next year after having two disappointing finishes to his first 2 seasons.

I think of kids like Cody LeCount of Perry Meridian who majored state placewinner Alonzo Shepherd but came up a little short in a tough ticket round match out of the brutal 112 weight at New Castle that could place really high next year.  Also, Mike Venezia of Indianapolis Cathedral had wins this year over state placewinners Josh Farrell and Gideon VanHook but came up a little short at the semi-state for the second year in a row. He is another kid that I think could place really high next year after having two disappointing finishes to his first 2 seasons.

i predict cody lecount will be a state champ at some point.....probably more than once.....

Also, Michael Nickson of Merrillville is another one that comes to mind.  He had a win over state 4th placer Jack Seaman and was closing the gap between him and state 3rd placer Tyler Kral of CP after a couple of meetings.  He's a kid who is very raw, talent-wise, and with another year under David Maldonado, could really have a breakout senior season, though 215 at the Merrillville Semi-State is stacked next year...

Any of these kids could challenge for a state qualifying berth next season:

Mikhail Marcuson, Noblesville

Eli Walker, Alexandria

Alex Wormuth, Noblesville

Jackson Bennett, HSE

Clayton Davenport, BD

Wayne Specht, Noblesville

George Stokes, Anderson

John Riedling, Warren Central

Jon Blanton, Alexandria

Kyle Nardi, Lapel

William Clinkscales, North Central

Damon Albertson, Roncalli

Ian Early, Greenfield Central

Darrell Hogue, North Central

Jake Stilwell, Pendleton Heights

Joshua Jones, Broad Ripple

Colin Snyder, Fishers

Wesley Bernard, Cathedral

Tyler Uhls, Shelbyville

Hayden Janney, HSE

Levi Kinney, Cathedral

Richard Brown, East Central

Jordan Naughton, Perry Meridian

Tre Taylor, BD

I don't understand how Lecount could be considered of having a not so good season.... I was at Team State and in the program he was 47-1.

I agree, he had a fantastic freshman season.. What I meant is that his season ended short of where I think his potential lies.  Awful draw at Semi-State with either LeCount or Price going home, and it just didn't go his way.  Next year I think he could definitely be a high medalist.

Any of these kids could challenge for a state qualifying berth next season:

Mikhail Marcuson, Noblesville

Eli Walker, Alexandria

Alex Wormuth, Noblesville

Jackson Bennett, HSE

Clayton Davenport, BD

Wayne Specht, Noblesville

George Stokes, Anderson

John Riedling, Warren Central

Jon Blanton, Alexandria

Kyle Nardi, Lapel

William Clinkscales, North Central

Damon Albertson, Roncalli

Ian Early, Greenfield Central

Darrell Hogue, Lawrence Central

Jake Stilwell, Pendleton Heights

Joshua Jones, Broad Ripple

Colin Snyder, Fishers

Wesley Bernard, Cathedral

Tyler Uhls, Shelbyville

Hayden Janney, HSE

Levi Kinney, Cathedral

Richard Brown, East Central

Jordan Naughton, Perry Meridian

Tre Taylor, BD

Unless he is transferring, I think Darrell Hogue wrestled for North Central.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.