RankingsGuy's Freshmen to Watch in 2011-12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if he goes to Garrett

Why would this young man go to a school where his coach believes that he can't compete with wrestlers from the big schools that he is looking at already. Of course he'll choose one of the big schools that assure him a clear advantage over Garrett.

Cathedral is not a public school, correct?  So although I hate to see these young kids being bounced around everywhere for the sake of a sport -- I think Cathedral is a tuition-based private school and so has no real "district" boundaries.  All of their students are paying their way to go there, or have received some sort of tuition scholarship allowing them to attend.

I realize they have no district and i see your point... but, the harvey's are from New Pal, Bernard from Perry, Willis's school feeds into Ritter, and now a Beech Grove kid?? It never ends

I realize they have no district and i see your point... but, the harvey's are from New Pal, Bernard from Perry, Willis's school feeds into Ritter, and now a Beech Grove kid?? It never ends

This thread mentions 3 kids maybe going to Perry from out of district, they already have LeCount, and you want to dog Cathedral? Try to pocket the envy, sissy.

This thread mentions 3 kids maybe going to Perry from out of district, they already have LeCount, and you want to dog Cathedral? Try to pocket the envy, sissy.

Good point to an extent. Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't LeCount now live in the district? Sorry, I don't know much about the others mentioned. Also, Harvey and Bernard have family ties with Cathedral. I can understand that, it is a good school. Willis? Not sure. I don't know much about his situation. I didn't even know he was from the west side until this thread. He definitely could have had a great football career at Ritter, wrestling might have been questionable. As for the Smiley boy, that's a heck of a commute from BG. The BG program may not be what it was in the past, but it is still pretty respectable. If he wanted to go to a more elite program, he wouldn't have had to travel too far to go to Roncalli or Perry. Regardless, this topic may lose it's steam when Mitch and Tony get their way. Any of these kids could get vouchers to go to private schools or attend a charter school. Who knows, we may end up with a Bowman Academy of Gary type school that starts kicking everyone's butts with an enrollment of a few hundred kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.