RankingsGuy's Freshmen to Watch in 2011-12

these, in no particular order, are incoming freshmen that i, at this venture, deem worthy of being ranked in the next year's pre-season rankings...

Evan Smiley- Indianapolis Cathedral

Bailey LaHue- Corydon Central

Brandon James- Lawrence North

Robert Stevenson- Merrillville

Tommy Forte- Mishawaka

Ben Harvey- Indianapolis Cathedral

Joey Mammolenti- Penn

Tommy Cash- New Palestine

make your case for others, along with school and projected weight class...

I am pretty certain Evan Smiley will be at Beech Grove.  His Dad is coaching for the Middle School and lives in the District.  Unless something has drastically changed I do not believe he is going to Cathedral.  Has anyone heard a solid answer otherwise?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Brock Morgan son of former state placer and head coach of BGMS Steve Morgan.  I know for a while it was hoped that he would attend Beech Grove as well but I am almost 100% certain that he will be attending Fishers next year.  Brock has had a great youth wrestling career winning most tournaments he enters.  

Would've been nice for Beech Grove to inherit both Brock Morgan and Evan Smiley in the same freshmen class but that doest look like it is going to happen.  It kind of reminds me of Danny Coyne and Ethan Harris.  Both amazing middle school and high school wrestlers.  

Also, Brock Morgan son of former state placer and head coach of BGMS Steve Morgan.  I know for a while it was hoped that he would attend Beech Grove as well but I am almost 100% certain that he will be attending Fishers next year.  Brock has had a great youth wrestling career winning most tournaments he enters.  

Would've been nice for Beech Grove to inherit both Brock Morgan and Evan Smiley in the same freshmen class but that doest look like it is going to happen.  It kind of reminds me of Danny Coyne and Ethan Harris.  Both amazing middle school and high school wrestlers.  

This was mentioned a few weeks ago on another thread. Brock red shirted somewhere along the way. He is currently a 7th grader wrestling for Apple Valley in Minnesota.

This was mentioned a few weeks ago on another thread. Brock red shirted somewhere along the way. He is currently a 7th grader wrestling for Apple Valley in Minnesota.

A jr high kid gets redshirted? Tell me that's just someone being funny.....right?

So does anyone know for sure if Evan Smiley will be at Indianapolis Cathedral?  My gut instinct, hope, and reason says no.  However, things change and it is hard to tell these days.  Regardless, I know he is going to be a great wrestler and he is an even better kid.  I just hope he is wrestling for the Hornets of Beech Grove next year.

Conner James   Center Grove/Roncalli

Garrett Wilson   Perry Meridian

Saw Garrett wilson at State with a cast on his arm. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Both of these kids are studs and I have watched them both since they began wrestling. Both can make a impact at whatever programs they are part of, and I'm sure will have strong high school careers......Good luck boys

Cathedral is not a public school, correct?  So although I hate to see these young kids being bounced around everywhere for the sake of a sport -- I think Cathedral is a tuition-based private school and so has no real "district" boundaries.  All of their students are paying their way to go there, or have received some sort of tuition scholarship allowing them to attend.

Is Brock Morgan going to Fishers or HSE?  what is his projected weight?

Time will tell. This year he was part time varsity 103 as a 7th grader at Apple Valley, Minnesota. I'm going out on a limb and guess that he does not attend either aforementioned schools in the future. Who knows, maybe Blair?

Is Apple Valley a private academy?  I know they are a great high school team.

Public school near Minneapolis I believe. From what I understand, they have an open enrollment similar to Indy.

Brock Morgan will be attending LN next year with me and Brandon James.

So he will forego his 8th grade eligibility and enroll at LN as a freshman? How does one skip the 8th grade? Just curious, does LN have open enrollment? I know many Marion County schools do not accept out of district students.

Cathedral picking up someone that lives nowhere near them.... thats a first.  Looks like they pulled off yet another good recruit

Yeah, who do they think they are, Perry or Yorktown???

Garrett Wilson has had a great youth career. He will be at conseco next year and might be in our room also. He is really good. We need Garrett.

Nathan, you guys just want everyone don`t you? Second school in one day claiming Garret...lol

I heard that he is intent on Perry...lol

Why not Garrett?  We are building a new high school, all students will get an IPad and we are now in the Al Smitherson Invite.  Add to the fact that the coach outfits all his wrestlers with premium IndianaMat gear, I don't see why a kid wouldn't want to come to Garrett.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.