Coach Williams and Coach Tonte

wrestlinggods

First off I would like to congratulate all teams who wrestled this weekend, every wrestler and coach left everything out on the mat.

Coach Williams,

You are the only Head Coach to ever take 2 different wrestling teams to the team state championship final match (Avon and LN).  Anyone who has ever coached this sport knows how tough it is to get the opportunity coach in a state championship final, individual or team.  For you to take two different programs to the highest level is an accomplishment that may never be duplicated .  The past 6 years of coaching have been to most memorable years in my coaching career because I got to do it side by side with two of my best friends, you and Coach Douglas. 

Coach Tonte,

Congratulations on your 1st state title. You have sacrificed many things throughout your coaching career to get your program to where it is today.  I remember speaking to you last week and talking about possibly having an all Marion County Final and for that to happen was a very exciting moment. You, your wrestlers, and your staff have always been first class on and off the mat and I want to congratulate Perry Meridian on your first state title.

Coach Weimer   

First off I would like to congratulate all teams who wrestled this weekend, every wrestler and coach left everything out on the mat.

Coach Williams,

You are the only Head Coach to ever take 2 different wrestling teams to the team state championship final match (Avon and LN).  Anyone who has ever coached this sport knows how tough it is to get the opportunity coach in a state championship final, individual or team.   For you to take two different programs to the highest level is an accomplishment that may never be duplicated .  The past 6 years of coaching have been to most memorable years in my coaching career because I got to do it side by side with two of my best friends, you and Coach Douglas.  

Coach Tonte,

Congratulations on your 1st state title. You have sacrificed many things throughout your coaching career to get your program to where it is today.  I remember speaking to you last week and talking about possibly having an all Marion County Final and for that to happen was a very exciting moment. You, your wrestlers, and your staff have always been first class on and off the mat and I want to congratulate Perry Meridian on your first state title.

Coach Weimer    

Well said, Coach Weimer.  And to you....thanks to you (and Coach Williams, and Coach Gunn, Coach Nelsen, and Coach Douglas -- and ALL of the LNHS Wrestling Coaches.  You guys did a great job for a great season.  It's gonna be bittersweet just knowing that Jeremy (and all the other Seniors) represented their Wildcat pride on the mat for the last time on Saturday.  I couldn't be more proud of the Wildcats wrestlers and coaches.  You guys are outstanding -- not just as coaches -- but as role models, friends, and confidants (on AND off the mat)!  Pat yourselves on the backs for a job very well done this season!  Hats off to each of you!

Congrats to both schools. I liked the Northside vs. Southside match up.

One question, anyone know why LN ff'd the last match? Was he hurt? Just curious being they could have ff'd 71 and 89 too.

As I said in another post I had to work this weekend so I missed the whole show. But the final being all Marion County is wonderful. Both teams are well respected and well coached. I have nothing but respect for both programs. They are truly in the sport for the kids. Old 1988-John M. Schattner.

As I said in another post I had to work this weekend so I missed the whole show. But the final being all Marion County is wonderful. Both teams are well respected and well coached. I have nothing but respect for both programs. They are truly in the sport for the kids. Old 1988-John M. Schattner.

My wife is a fan of your pizza.  ;)

This is for Drooke. I am somewhat a computer Neanderthal so I don'y know how to highlight. But Old 1988 is John M. Schattner. Papa John spells his name John M. Schaffner. But I have to admit I have never met a pizza that I would not take home. Best wishes to you and your wife.

This is for Drooke. I am somewhat a computer Neanderthal so I don'y know how to highlight. But Old 1988 is John M. Schattner. Papa John spells his name John M. Schaffner. But I have to admit I have never met a pizza that I would not take home. Best wishes to you and your wife.

Actually, "Papa John"'s last name is spelled "Schnatter"

If anyone deserves a State Title... it's Jim Tonte. Nobody in this state works harder than Jim does. We tell our athletes constantly that they will only get out what they put in, and that they have to outwork their competition. Well, it's no different for us as coaches, and Coach Tonte is as dedicated as they come. Congratulations Coach. Hard work pays off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.