I really enjoyed the Team State era...

Y2CJ41

This isn't about remodeling just the kitchen, its the bedrooms, bathrooms and living room too.  The question remains whether keeping the current system or having it abolished will spark more change.  I personally feel that the coaches in the state need a wakeup call and if team state were abolished it would spark more change.  Others feel the opposite way.... I guess we will wait and see in the coming months.

Well then I guess we just have the same goal but a difference of opinion as to how to achieve it.  Nothing wrong with that.  Even if we did lose the Team State, Indiana wrestling would be fine, as long as we have the quality of wrestling that I saw over the past two weekends. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about just the ones that bitch and moan...

Exactly , since you posted  , lets look at Jimtown . Tradition rich Small school with an awesome youth program . When healthy , this year they could wrestle with anyone . This isn't by accident , they have a head coach that wants his team at the top  , and he's doing something about it .

Well, if we do away with events because they do not effect enough teams. Lets first get rid of girls swimming state.

Due to the dominance of Carmel in girls swimming, many believe the sport has suffered tremendously in this state.  You are right on target!  This fact should be shoved down Bobby Cox throat.

Last Saturday I watched the Iowa finals on comcast. (Had Jr high did not go to team state). They had a split screen with

1-A upper left quad

2-A  upper right  quad

3-A  lower right quad

all scores in lower left quad.

The quality of wrestling was good in all three. Good crowd till the end. We could class or not. Maybe keep more teams wrestling as was mentioned before will keep more people there.

Hey Karl, I don't remember schools like Belmont, Yorktown, EMD being listed as small schools in the rankings.

Hey Karl, I don't remember schools like Belmont, Yorktown, EMD being listed as small schools in the rankings.

Maybe they were over looked in the 1A rankings?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.