CP/MD team state updates

Mr. RIght

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcer was the head coach for Mississinewa.  Not so clueless.  He did a great job on the MD-CP match but didn't have any inside knowledge on personnel injuries. 

Sorry if he was your friend or coach, but I listened to the entire dual except for the first match.  So when I tuned in, the first match they said Swope was up 8-1 then got the major.  I was like how could that be.  Well it was Kral I guess he never said it but figured it out when the next match started. 

In the 152 match he said Flemme at 0-0 was wrestling wiezenpfal  all the way until mid 2nd period.  Here are some of the comments of other posters listneing:

Theirry: These announcers don't know the team score....Roach wrestling now

Announcers aren't sure who is wrestling...lol It's not Roach tho

Announcers still not sure who is wrestling

I am sure it is not easy to announce two teams you don't know too well, but it was hard to tell what was going on by listening. 

Again, I am thankful for what they did.  I am sorry if offended you or your coach but it was tough to tell what was going on by listening.  In the Fuqua match they never said there was warning just that there was stalling call and we are going to OT.

I think it is hilarious that there was a pretty long thread about how refs dont call stalling enough and now all the posts about stalling being called too much.  I once heard a coach yell at a ref to "Be Consistent" and the ref quickly replied "Be Objective".  Maybe it is only stalling when the other wrestler doesnt wrestle.

bruschi,

I only knew he was a Mississinewa coach because that's how he introduced himself.  I don't know anything else about him.  I imagine broadcasting teams you don't know is harder than it looks based on how Al Smith was doing at individual state the week before - mispronouncing names and so on.  If lineup changes are made at team state these webcasters have no way of knowing that if they aren't familiar with the teams they're covering enough to recognize these wrestlers on sight.

It's to bad it was not broadcasted over the Internet. Did anyone record the match and can possibly post it?

With all the bad calls from the Fuqua match , the IHSAA if they were smart would have confiscated all the evidence for fans would not have seen how bad CP got ripped off in this match by Region hating Refs .

Was he stalling or not?  That is the only relavent issue.   Time, position, etc. are immaterial.

The way this sounds this was perhaps an inside job and the ref was paid to call the match in Schroeder's favor ;D.

Did the ref call stalling consistently throughout the dual?  I mean it seems funny that until now, I haven't seen much said about this particular match other than Schroeder was awarded a stalling point in OT.

Others that saw it.  Did the calls seem as bad as New Dawg seems to think they are?

And I am particularly interested in those that have no dog in the fight.

I have no dog in this fight. I just saw the video of the 103 match and stall call. Let me say this about the call. The offical should be assamed.  If 100 officials  saw this call they would without question say absoulutly not stalling.  Just a rediculous call. I?ve never seen a stall call when the defensive wrestler is fighting from being turned in a leg ride. Are you kidding me??  I?d like for that official to watch the video with his peers and explain the call. He?d  be embarassed, as well he should be. I?d never accuse an offical of favoratisim. But this was clearly that. Are there different rules that apply to stalling during a team competition as apposed to individual competition?? WOW! A new low.

Being a MD fan I wouldn't say this if we would have won the whole thing but at the 135 match I had a great view of it and the stalling  calls on the Crown kid were pretty bad , if there weren't the upsets at 112 and 125 we wouldn't even be discussing the Roach ordeal or the stalling calls , it would have been a decisive MD win .

I have no dog in this fight. I just saw the video of the 103 match and stall call. Let me say this about the call. The offical should be assamed.  If 100 officials  saw this call they would without question say absoulutly not stalling.  Just a rediculous call. Ive never seen a stall call when the defensive wrestler is fighting from being turned in a leg ride. Are you kidding me??  Id like for that official to watch the video with his peers and explain the call. Hed  be embarassed, as well he should be. Id never accuse an offical of favoratisim. But this was clearly that. Are there different rules that apply to stalling during a team competition as apposed to individual competition?? WOW! A new low.

Leaving aside the question of what an 'offical' is and how this thing would go about being 'assamed', why would a person assume favoritism based only on the fact that  a bad call was made? I am not agreeing that the call was bad.  I did not see it, so I will not weigh in on it. But for the sake of the argument let's say it was a bad call. Can we not agree that there are other reasons for a bad call?  Ignorance, blindess, muddleheadedness, and much much more, can all lead to a bad call.  The fact that we have human beings as refs will, by the very nature of that creature, result in mistakes. 

Let me be clear.  I am not defending bad calls or the refs that consistently make them.  Some of these guys need to retire.  I am simply pointing out what should be obvious; namely, that refs, even the best, will make mistakes by virtue of the fact that they are human beings, and that these unfortunate lapses do not necessarily indicate that favoritism is at play.

terryopiniated:  I might have been misinformed about where the official was from, but you have been misinformed about

my name.  My name is not Steiner.  And to the rest of you MD fans making rediculous remarks on here.  Put the shoe

on the other foot and you would still be crying about the call.  And to the person that said  "questionable call", I never said

it was questionable call.  I said it was a blatantly terrible call and most of the peoplethat posted to this thread that

have no dogs in race agree with me.  Where did all the Mater Dei fans go when they lost.  I stayed around and watched

some outstanding wrestling, or maybe you are not wrestling fans, just Mater Dei fans.

The other topic was locked so I will post here.

In my post I wish I would not have stated what I said.  I am very appreciative what they do.  I am sure this hard.  Just had a hard time following the radio broadcast.

But what I wanted to know out of my original post was details on Fuqua's injury.  Not from the announcer but anybody who knows what happened.  I saw him a few times throughout the year and was really impressed.  Is Schroeder a hammer on top?  I was impressed at how well MD was on top in the close matches.  I would like to see Roach wrestle agains Illinois in the border dual.  Roach vs. Edwin Cooper would be fun.

If the ?refs would have treated Fuqua the same way they did Weinzapfel there wouldn't have been any stalls called against Fuqua . The ?refs did everything for Weinzapfel next to burping him , how many stalls would he have gotten if he was wearing other colors than MD ?