200 win wrestlers next year @ Conseco

RAGUOC79

Or they could join fellow New Castle 200 win club and 0 state titles club members Mac Taylor and Matt Jaggers... Keith Garrard is not far behind with 199 wins and 0 state titles and Cory Cook had 183 wins and 0 state titles  ::)  Seems that Coach Peck loves to build his schedule to inflate records, so one must always take New Castle kids' records with a grain of salt.

Let's get things str8, and anyone who disagrees can just drink some vinegar( they do this in Greece to calm nerves, btw). What I stated was that we MIGHT have 2 wrestlers gettin there 200th wins and also a state title next year!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! I didnt say it was AMAZING or WOW they must be HALL OF FAMERS IN INDIANA WRESTLING. I WAS just stating the obvious. ALSO if u have read any other posts, u will seee that Connor Mullins in 3 years @ state has ony one loss resectively in each season,,,,,to who?????? The eventual STATE CHAMPION (i.e. HAWKINS, TSIRTSIS & WELCH). NOw back to the RG.....His first sentence is SPOT ON!!!!Or they could join fellow New Castle 200 win club and 0 state titles club members Mac Taylor and Matt Jaggers... Keith Garrard is not far behind with 199 wins and 0 state titles and Cory Cook had 183 wins and 0 state titles But where he vears off is that he puts that "googly" eye BS and that "inflates records crap. "With a grain of salt" wow interesting, didn;t New Castle have 2 kids under the lights this year with 50 + win records??????? ANd didn;t NC beat Bellmont who is @ Team State????? so what does records mean at the end of the day.....NOTHING....But ending a career with 200-(single digit loses and placeing @ state every year and possibly winning  1 title.....NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!!! Also moving on to wrestle D-1 and have above average grades and never disrespecting the sport...i.e. throwing head gear, tryin to punk someone, refusing to shake hand of opponent, be loud and obnoxious beyong belief,,,,welll not these 2 young men....Later. Good luck to Team State participant schools.

And I believe 3 of his 6 losses have been to Josh Keifer and he won't be around next year.   Very good shot of winning 200.

Mckinley only lost once to Kieffer............this year at county.  i don't recall him wrestling kieffer any other time in high school?????????????  mckinley- 103-9th, 112-10th, 125-11th.  don't believe they were in the same weight class til this season.

I realize off the topic, but had to add to the conversation. Slow at work so far, so had sometime to check out some topics on the best web site in high school wrestling " IndianaMat"  As we speak Josh, Justin, Joe Kieffer reached 445-63 record.  Great feeling to see them up there with some of the great brother combos.

No doubt that Campbell and Mullins very well may win state titles next year, as both are right there on the verge of breaking through... However, when one looks at the state's top 10 career victories leaders, it reads as follows...

1. Alex Tsirtsis- Griffith

2. Andrae Hernandez- Griffith

3. Angel Escobedo- Griffith

4. Mac Taylor- New Castle

5. Matt Jaggers- New Castle

6. Keith Garrard- New Castle

7. Nick Walpole- Perry Meridian

8. Andrew Howe- Hanover Central

9. Darren Elkins- Portage

10. John Sheets- Bellmont

what do #4, #5, and #6 have in common?  they all went to New Castle, and they are the only 3 in the top 10 all-time that do not have at least 1 state title.  while my commentary is pointed, and not everyone likes it at every moment in time (see Mt. Vernon, Castle, New Castle, Crown Point), I have shown to be an equal opportunity offender and will always call it like I see it.  the culture of this board, which some people think is to shy away from honesty if it means controversy, is better saved for other facets of your personal lives.  in order to advance Indiana wrestling, I feel that if coaches and wrestlers are being publically scrutinized, they are more likely to raise their level, and in turn, Indiana wrestling prospers, and that is my ultimate goal.

Not accurate or up to date. Alex Johns had  a career record of 196-17 graduating in 2009 from Evansville Reitz.

While 200 wins is a great accomplishment, it's also a case that numbers can get inflated.  If you notice through the years, there are some teams that wrestle 60 matches or more by State, while other teams don't even get 40 matches in.  I would vote for win % over number of wins.

Mckinley only lost once to Kieffer............this year at county.  i don't recall him wrestling kieffer any other time in high school?????????????  mckinley- 103-9th, 112-10th, 125-11th.  don't believe they were in the same weight class til this season.

I stand corrected!  You are correct, something shorted in my brain. 

never been too much of a rankingsguy fan but he's got a point haha. ive watched new castle since i was little. duals duals duals. and you know what rhymes with duals? small schools.

Fan or not of the Rankings guy I don't seen anything blatantly wrong with his statements.  I do not believe he had any malicious intent and he is being bashed probably more than necessary.  For people bashing him so openly... I wonder do you use the rankings as a resource during the season?  He provides a valuable service that requires a lot of time but also in doing that he makes quality judgments on high school wrestling. 

Mullins' losses have been:

freshman year  4losses- opening week loss to Kenney (Jay Co.) returning state runnerup, 2 losses to Kieffer and Hawkins 

soph. 1 loss,  quarter finals at state to Tsirtsis

jr. 3 losses  Ehr, M Johnson and Welch

of the 8 losses, 7 were to state finalists, 3 champs, 3 runnersup and a 5th , Ehr being the only exception and he may have been a qualifier in previous years, I don't know.

wow since when is against the law to wrestle  50 plus  times    if anything  it shows how  hard  nc kids  train      ppl  on a wrestling  board  pouting  bout to many matches if thats  ur gripe ur a lonely  soul...no titles is right but do the math on placings ...jaggers wrestled  by far top 3 kids  in state  history  i dnt have to make excuse s for my ppl  but somebody  has to  llose  and sadly it was nc wrestlers ....ask anybody  that beat those  kids it wasnt easy and each of victorys were a brite s spot in their  careers.atleast nc is in the  conversation bout having  greats....nc isnt a huge school  so ur small  school  dual  comments are ignorant...oh yeah throw our 2 runner up ream finiishes in our face damn u gotta be good when being top 2 in a unclassed sport generates criticism!

Mullins' losses have been:

freshman year  4losses- opening week loss to Kenney (Jay Co.) returning state runnerup, 2 losses to Kieffer and Hawkins 

soph. 1 loss,  quarter finals at state to Tsirtsis

jr. 3 losses  Ehr, M Johnson and Welch

of the 8 losses, 7 were to state finalists, 3 champs, 3 runnersup and a 5th , Ehr being the only exception and he may have been a qualifier in previous years, I don't know.

I believe Ehr was a 1x SQ.  His freshman year at 103?

haha i knew @FCfighter170 would pop up on this subject somewhere. NC is always tough no doubt it. Peck is a good coach and All of those individuals named are very good also. some you could consider elite. But that doesn't change their schedule any haha. they jack up that win column big time.

Or they could join fellow New Castle 200 win club and 0 state titles club members Mac Taylor and Matt Jaggers... Keith Garrard is not far behind with 199 wins and 0 state titles and Cory Cook had 183 wins and 0 state titles  ::)  Seems that Coach Peck loves to build his schedule to inflate records, so one must always take New Castle kids' records with a grain of salt.

haha i knew @FCfighter170 would pop up on this subject somewhere. NC is always tough no doubt it. Peck is a good coach and All of those individuals named are very good also. some you could consider elite. But that doesn't change their schedule any haha. they jack up that win column big time.

Funny how some things can be worded so differently but basically say the something. I think the main reason RG is taking so much heat on this topic is becasue of who he called out.  I have the same feelings that The Situation have about RG, I don't always agree with the "way" he words  things but I do agree that he does not hold back, which I respect.

I stand corrected!  You are correct, something shorted in my brain. 

Jared's six high school losses are as follows:

103- Cody Phillips SS finals

Dustin Kief Friday Night

112- Brendan Cambell SS finals, 3rd place match at state

Kyle Ayresman Semi-Finals at State

125- Josh kieffer Conference Indiana finals

...quite an impressive loss list. May i also add he has redeemed two of his losses, three wins over kieffer and two wins over dusty kief, not that that matters. Just thought id point it out.

You know RG you have bashed me often on here, and I could care less but for you to say something on NC wrestlers is pathetic and ignorant!  You are a low individual.  Campbell losing in the state finals this year was tragic, but seriously exciting. And something tells me that as you run your mouth about certain programs you fuel individuals to prove you wrong.  And Mulllins well the finals match was a chess match 1-0 come on either of those matches could go either way.  If I remember Campbell pinned Todd ast semi state last year and beat McKinnley 2x last year and destroyed all that came at him at semi state 2x.  His appendix ruptured his freshman year so that was an act of God.  I have no idea why you dislike the NC program so much but get off your arrogant pompas self and quit bringing down the children.  There is approx 600 that wrestle throughout the school year and only 2 that make it under the lights, so losing by 1-0 or losing in OT  is a pretty damn big accomplishment and I think the young men and the NC program is outstanding!

You know RG you have bashed me often on here, and I could care less but for you to say something on NC wrestlers is pathetic and ignorant!   You are a low individual.  Campbell losing in the state finals this year was tragic, but seriously exciting. And something tells me that as you run your mouth about certain programs you fuel individuals to prove you wrong.  And Mulllins well the finals match was a chess match 1-0 come on either of those matches could go either way.  If I remember Campbell pinned Todd ast semi state last year and beat McKinnley 2x last year and destroyed all that came at him at semi state 2x.  His appendix ruptured his freshman year so that was an act of God.  I have no idea why you dislike the NC program so much but get off your arrogant pompas self and quit bringing down the children.  There is approx 600 that wrestle throughout the school year and only 2 that make it under the lights, so losing by 1-0 or losing in OT  is a pretty damn big accomplishment and I think the young men and the NC program is outstanding!

I don't think the Rg is taking a shot at Campbell or Mullins as much as he is taking a shot at Taylor, Jaggers and Garrard fir being the only 3 on the top 10 all time wins list with No titles.

You know RG you have bashed me often on here, and I could care less but for you to say something on NC wrestlers is pathetic and ignorant!   You are a low individual.  Campbell losing in the state finals this year was tragic, but seriously exciting. And something tells me that as you run your mouth about certain programs you fuel individuals to prove you wrong.  And Mulllins well the finals match was a chess match 1-0 come on either of those matches could go either way.  If I remember Campbell pinned Todd ast semi state last year and beat McKinnley 2x last year and destroyed all that came at him at semi state 2x.  His appendix ruptured his freshman year so that was an act of God.  I have no idea why you dislike the NC program so much but get off your arrogant pompas self and quit bringing down the children.  There is approx 600 that wrestle throughout the school year and only 2 that make it under the lights, so losing by 1-0 or losing in OT  is a pretty damn big accomplishment and I think the young men and the NC program is outstanding!

THANK YOU  atleast somebody appreciates one the most solid year in and year out programs...go look at team national  recors in half of the catagorie NC have records ....anybody with knowledge  remember that VALPO SUPER 10 meet that was  like a mini              team state which NC  won multiple  times      106 str8 wins in dual meeets is unreal ....and NC  wrestled 15-20 ranked  teams during that stretch s...so theres another gripe we didnt win the big 1...so just put us best teams to get 2nd twice...8 qualifiers and 14 ss qualifiers  ....my high  horse has run tired good nite ....and congrats to PERRY fine job coach T glad  they got over that runner up hump....

FCF, Soup, don?t listen to that jerk. 

If you haven't spent time in New Castle's room, or with Peck then you?re talking out your rear.  Rex gets the most out of his kids day in and day out.  They work their butts off to get where they are.  RG puts all of a coaches credibility on records and schedule.  Seriously?  This is HIGH SCHOOL GUY!  A coach isn?t just a coach.  Hess much more than that.  They are a counselor, a mentor a confidant, even a parental figure.  Many coaches go out of their way to make sure these kids have a fighting shot of making something out of themselves.  I know one coach that even let a kid move in with him because his folks flaked out on him.  He cared for him when no one else did. 

Spend some time with Rex in his room and you will see how much he cares.  He?s tough but fair and expects a lot out of even the most inexperienced kid.  Not for them to be the best, but to be THEIR best.  And he cares!  He has his dream job, teaching and coaching at his high school alma mater.  And he?s done it with style.  Umpteen NCC and Sectional Championships and several Regional and Semi-State champs.  If you view the pinnacle of success as a state championship and over 200+ wins and being on Indiana?s top ten wins list then you seriously set the standard low.  What do you know about some of these kids?

Do you know Matt Jaggers has continued to develop in the sport, coaches and trains wrestlers and has developed a pretty nice MMA career so far?  Must suck to continue to get to do what you love and get paid for it.  But he has no state championship

Do you know Keith Garrard became an All American in college?  And has a fantastic job doing what he enjoys making hand over fist.  Sounds pretty successful.  But he has no state championship either.

Do you know Mac Taylor has a very successful military career going on?  Has all kinds of medals, but none of em is a state championship medal.  Shame on him. 

Do you know Brendan Campbell aspires to be a Navy SEAL?  Let?s not mention he has only three losses, one to an All American, one to a state champion and one to a state runner-up.  Not to mention he is an All American himself.  But not a state champ.

And Connor, my goodness, could you not meet a nicer kid?  He?s dedicated to the sport, a true student of the sport.  He has a wonderful family and yes, his world revolves around wrestling.  But if he and Brendan don?t win a state championship it was all for not. 

So let?s blame Peck and tell him he?s wasting his time developing pillars of the community.  Turning boys in to men, what a waste huh?

I wasn?t one of Pecks kids, but I spent some time with all of these kids in the room (minus Mac) and let me tell you, they are all better than you RG.  Why, because they do what they do because they love it.  Peck was there to guide them along their way, to Coach them. 

FCF, Soup, don?t listen to that jerk.  

If you haven't spent time in New Castle's room, or with Peck then you?re talking out your rear.  Rex gets the most out of his kids day in and day out.  They work their butts off to get where they are.  RG puts all of a coaches credibility on records and schedule.  Seriously?  This is HIGH SCHOOL GUY!  A coach isn?t just a coach.  Hess much more than that.  They are a counselor, a mentor a confidant, even a parental figure.  Many coaches go out of their way to make sure these kids have a fighting shot of making something out of themselves.  I know one coach that even let a kid move in with him because his folks flaked out on him.  He cared for him when no one else did.  

Spend some time with Rex in his room and you will see how much he cares.  He?s tough but fair and expects a lot out of even the most inexperienced kid.  Not for them to be the best, but to be THEIR best.  And he cares!  He has his dream job, teaching and coaching at his high school alma mater.  And he?s done it with style.  Umpteen NCC and Sectional Championships and several Regional and Semi-State champs.  If you view the pinnacle of success as a state championship and over 200+ wins and being on Indiana?s top ten wins list then you seriously set the standard low.  What do you know about some of these kids?

Do you know Matt Jaggers has continued to develop in the sport, coaches and trains wrestlers and has developed a pretty nice MMA career so far?  Must suck to continue to get to do what you love and get paid for it.  But he has no state championship

Do you know Keith Garrard became an All American in college?  And has a fantastic job doing what he enjoys making hand over fist.  Sounds pretty successful.  But he has no state championship either.

Do you know Mac Taylor has a very successful military career going on?  Has all kinds of medals, but none of em is a state championship medal.  Shame on him.  

Do you know Brendan Campbell aspires to be a Navy SEAL?  Let?s not mention he has only three losses, one to an All American, one to a state champion and one to a state runner-up.  Not to mention he is an All American himself.  But not a state champ.

And Connor, my goodness, could you not meet a nicer kid?  He?s dedicated to the sport, a true student of the sport.  He has a wonderful family and yes, his world revolves around wrestling.  But if he and Brendan don?t win a state championship it was all for not.  

So let?s blame Peck and tell him he?s wasting his time developing pillars of the community.  Turning boys in to men, what a waste huh?

I wasn?t one of Pecks kids, but I spent some time with all of these kids in the room (minus Mac) and let me tell you, they are all better than you RG.  Why, because they do what they do because they love it.  Peck was there to guide them along their way, to Coach them.  

Well said, Jay! At least someone has their priorities straight.

Does it really bother you that much that NC gets on the mat that much?  Does it bother you to see a kid develop himself not only as a wrestler, but in confidence and character?  The only way to get better is to put in the time.  How dare Peck put those kids on the mat and not produce.  Spare me, RG ur such a jackwagon.  I dont know who you are or your credentials (maybe you can enlighten me, since I dont know) but you're obviously past high school yet youre worried about who has more wins than who and how many state titles.  You dwell on such topics as "inflated" records because a kid won 200 matches but zero titles.  Way to go, way to post on a message board and degrade some one for their passion, compassion and everything they have done for the sport.  Youre probably saying, "I didnt think..."  Thats just it, you dont think!  Youre a jerk and you constantly put your foot in your mouth and your head up your @_ _!  I dont post a whole lot on here but you struck a cord with this one.  Not every one likes Peck, thats fine, but why dont you practice some of the things your parents, teachers and coaches taught you.  Respect, Tact, Humility.   

Does it really bother you that much that NC gets on the mat that much?  Does it bother you to see a kid develop himself not only as a wrestler, but in confidence and character?  The only way to get better is to put in the time.  How dare Peck put those kids on the mat and not produce.  Spare me, RG ur such a jackwagon.  I dont know who you are or your credentials (maybe you can enlighten me, since I dont know) but you're obviously past high school yet youre worried about who has more wins than who and how many state titles.  You dwell on such topics as "inflated" records because a kid won 200 matches but zero titles.  Way to go, way to post on a message board and degrade some one for their passion, compassion and everything they have done for the sport.  Youre probably saying, "I didnt think..."  Thats just it, you dont think!  Youre a jerk and you constantly put your foot in your mouth and your head up your @_ _!  I dont post a whole lot on here but you struck a cord with this one.  Not every one likes Peck, thats fine, but why dont you practice some of the things your parents, teachers and coaches taught you.  Respect, Tact, Humility.     

I don't think the commentary was directed at the number of matches that NC wrestlers have year in and year out.  Rather the cirticism seems to be of the quality of the opponents that they face on an annual basis.  I don't think he ever ciritcized anyone's character or life outside of high school wrestling.  He simply questioned whether or not the wrestlers that come from NC are as good as their records would suggest.  It seems to be a fair criticism based on the numbers that I have seen and I don't think he should be chastized for bringing up this point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.