Contenders for next year?

mrboxman

Not in particular order

103 - Micic, Fuqua (maybe too big), Cottey, Garza, Mantel, DJ Smith, Rigney

112 - Boston, Fuqua (if moves up), Whitten, Lykins, Krumlauf, Lee, Buckley, Beldon

119 - Petrov, Phillips, Brooks, Shepard, Schoettle, LeCount, B. James

125 - Todd, Farrell, Moss, Boston, Campbell, Ayresman

Take nothing away from Ayersman he showed at the state finals he is a true champion.  However, I would love to see Ayersman wrestle any of the stud 112's.  I think anyone of them can beat him on a good day.  Todd, Brooks, and Phillips could beat him next year.  119 seemed a little down this year. Does he move up or stay?  Might be easier at 125 for him.

I think Ayersman goes #125 next year. He's a very big body for this years #112's. I don't know if I'd say #119 was a little down, #112 was just very stacked.

Take nothing away from Ayersman he showed at the state finals he is a true champion.  However, I would love to see Ayersman wrestle any of the stud 112's.  I think anyone of them can beat him on a good day.  Todd, Brooks, and Phillips could beat him next year.  119 seemed a little down this year. Does he move up or stay?  Might be easier at 125 for him.

I don't see it...

Cathedral's - Returning State Finalist &  Semi-State Ticket round wrestlers, their current grade & possible weight next year

Veniezia - SSQ, loss ticket rd SS it was loaded @ 119 at New Castle & had beat wrestlers @ state tourney(Jr) 125lbs or 130lbs

Harvey -  placed 5th @ State (Jr) 135lbs to 145lbs

Cosarso - placed 6th @ State (Fresh) 145lbs or 152lbs

Willis - placed 3rd @ State (Jr) 171lbs or 189lbs

Bernard - SSQ was winning his match in ticket round @ SS and had to injury default w/ankle injury & had beat wrestlers @ state tourney (Fresh) 215lbs or Hwt

8)  8)  8)

thoughts of people you think have potential to make it to state...

My area:

Yorktown: Bevans, S. Phillips, Carroll, R. Hiestand, D. Baysinger, Jackson

Muncie Southside: Rigney, Bradley, Reed, Crabtree

Muncie Central: S. Kohler

Wapahani: Hunter Randolph

If anybody has doubt about Ayersman I would suggest you go back and look at the bracket when he won at 112 in 2010. Look at the quality of wrestlers and the places they got this year. In regards to 119 being down this year mehhh who knows...I think there were weaker weight classes this year. However Mr. Ayersman scores totaled 31-0 (shut his opponents out) on his way to the finals this year.  

Here I'll be nice and not make you all look it up. (So these are how the rest of the 112 weight class (the one Kyle Ayersman won) from last year did this year.

Jacob Boomsma 4th @103

Luke Welch 5th @ 119

Brian Harvey 5th @ 130

Nick Crume 3rd @ 125

Brenden Campbell 2nd @119

Mason Todd 1st @ 112

Jared McKinley 1st @ 125

Kyle Ayersman 1st @ 119

Not in particular order

103 - Micic, Fuqua (maybe too big), Cottey, Garza, Mantel, DJ Smith, Rigney

112 - Boston, Fuqua (if moves up), Whitten, Lykins, Krumlauf, Lee, Buckley, Beldon

119 - Petrov, Phillips, Brooks, Shepard, Schoettle, LeCount, B. James

125 - Todd, Farrell, Moss, Boston, Campbell, Ayresman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you crazy?  That Ayersman kid wins two State Titles preceeded by a 3rd at 103 (where it appears he beat almost all of those on your list except Phillips) and your justification is that  "he did not wrestle any of the stud 112's?". 

I love reading some of this stuff and following the state's best.  I am going to guess that that kid does not get to high on himself

probably realizes nothing is automatic and like anyone in the tourney will have to work for a title at any weight.  But after

researching the hyperbole's posted, i am going to give the kid some props.

While Todd wrestled well, wins 112, he placed 5th the previous year that Ayersman won the same weight, but that is not questioned.    Campbell placed 3rd at 112 and 119, and the complaint was that, Ayersman did not beat Campbell to win 112, 'he only beat the kid that beat Campbell.' 

So, I took a look at the 2010 State 112Lb returnees and I know find that perhaps the question should be turned around as to who the

other guys on your list wrestled...?  The records and results from 2010 and 2011 also refute the notion that the 112 lb weight class this year was tougher than in 2010.    That 2010 - 112lb weight class in 2010 produced 3 state champs this year, a runner-up, a 3rd, a 4th, and two 5ths this year.  (had Boomsma not been caught you could be looking at 4 state champs). Add the

probability that 119lb class this year may produce future champs beyond next year in Carroll, Crume, and Welch.  Not a bad schedule to earn two titles.

2010 112 Lb State Wrestler                      2010 Results                    2011 Result

Ayersman (LKC)                                                    1st Place 112lb                                1st Place 119lb

Welch (Castle) **                                                  Lost First Rd to Ayersman          5th Place 119lbs

McKinley (Per Mer)**                                          4th Place 112lb (Lost semis)      1st Place 125 lbs

Harvey (Cath)**                                                  6th place 112lb (Lost Qtrs)          5th place 130 lbs (46-1)

Mason Todd (Pend)                                              5th place 112lb                              1st place 112 lbs

Campbell (NC)                                                      3rd place 112 lb                              2nd place 119 lbs (54-1)

Boomsma (Bloom S)                                              8th place 112lb                            4th place 103 lb (46-0 going into semi)

Gilbert (Whitko)                                                    Lost First Round-DNP                  DNQ-FWSS

Nick Crume (Jimt)                                              Lost First Round-DNP                  3rd Place 125 lbs

Coppinger (Port)                                                    Lost First Round - DNP                DNQ-MSS

Kendle (Pike)                                                          7th place 112lb                              DNQ-NCSS

Rodriguez (High)                                                  Lost First Round-DNP                  DNQ- Lost 3+ to Ayersman               

** means Oppont Ayersman wrestled in 2010                                 

If anybody has doubt about Ayersman I would suggest you go back and look at the bracket when he won at 112 in 2010. Look at the quality of wrestlers and the places they got this year. In regards to 119 being down this year mehhh who knows...I think there were weaker weight classes this year. However Mr. Ayersman scores totaled 31-0 (shut his opponents out) on his way to the finals this year.  

Here I'll be nice and not make you all look it up. (So these are how the rest of the 112 weight class (the one Kyle Ayersman won) from last year did this year.

Jacob Boomsma 4th @103

Luke Welch 5th @ 119

Brian Harvey 5th @ 130

Nick Crume 3rd @ 125

Brenden Campbell 2nd @119

Mason Todd 1st @ 112

Jared McKinley 1st @ 125

Kyle Ayersman 1st @ 119

Beat me by 10 minutes MOGILLIS - great minds think alike!

Cathedral - Harvey, Little Harvey, Venezia, Cosaro, Gillum? (Maybe comes back), Willis and the Big Hawaiian Jr.

Corydon - Lahue and Lahue

Roncalli - Kieffer, King and maybe McGinley (could be 145 if meat gets put on those bones) and Ader

Franklin Community - DJ Smith, Lykins, Bowman and Petrole

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.