Taylor vs. Howe

Barrq

I would like to see Taylor vs. Jordan Burroughs.

::)

Well i think that Howe would actually be out techniqued by Taylor, i know the kid is only a freshman but he sure as heck doesnt wrestle like it and the same thing goes for burroughs too they both would be introuble by this incredible wrestler :o

::)

Well i think that Howe would actually be out techniqued by Taylor, i know the kid is only a freshman but he sure as heck doesnt wrestle like it and the same thing goes for burroughs too they both would be introuble by this incredible wrestler :o

No Howe would win

Howe wins this one.  Two time national finalist in a tough weight class.  Last year walked through the competition and Howe's offense is ever improving.  Although isn't Howe hurt/out for the rest of the season?  I heard he had a severe hamstring injury.  If this is true it is very unfortunate because it was going to be another battle of the Titans between Howe and Burroughs. 

I also don't want to take away anything from Taylor.  I have watched him on Big Ten Network and he is phenomenal and no doubt will make noise at NCAA's.  But he is just a freshmen that is a lot to put on his shoulders at this point to dethrone a one time runner-up and champion in his freshmen year.  No doubt Andrew Howe would be the toughest competition he would face this year but this match up will have to wait. 

I do believe it would be a great match they both wrestle different styles and are darn good at what they do.  Both represent their teams and their home states extremely well on the mat, in the class room, and in public.  I have only read great things about both of these extremely high level competitors.

Next Years Olympic Trials will be interesting, could have Howe, Burroughs, & Taylor all competing to land a spot on Team USA at 74 kg (163 lbs)

All 3 are phenomial wrestlers, I would love too see Howe vs Burroughs 2, Howe vs Taylor & Taylor vs Burroughs. I would pay to see these macthes! I really dont know who to pick, I think if they wrestled 10 times there could be a differnt winner every time

All 3 are phenomial wrestlers, I would love too see Howe vs Burroughs 2, Howe vs Taylor & Taylor vs Burroughs. I would pay to see these macthes! I really dont know who to pick, I think if they wrestled 10 times there could be a differnt winner every time

Not quite sure how you would have a "different winner every time," with 10 matches and only 3 wrestlers.  ;)    Or did you mean that none of them could win two times in a row?

But I think I understand your point of there not being a dominant winner in a best of 10.  Maybe a winning 3-3-4 split amongst them.  Which one would get the 4 wins???

Offensively Taylor is one of the most diverse and well rounded wrestlers out there, but in a lot of the matches I have seen of his he has been taken down by low ranked opponents. Grant it he still techs them due to his over powering and non-stop offense, but this for sure tells you what would happen if he wrestled a guy like Howe or Burroughs. That's what worries me about Taylor in the NCAA's wrestling guys like Hall and Fittery. I guarentee they will get takedowns on Taylor. There is a good chance that they can shut down Taylor's offense as well and if that happens then I don't see Taylor winning. On the other hand, maybe Taylor is just careless with his defense against lesser opponents. Either way nationals is definitely going to be exciting this year and I am stoked!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.