upset of the year?

Egrplr11

Blanton over Binion and Delaney over Ehr first round of semi state are my picks. Snider winning sectional was also huge.

Delaney over Ehr was a huge one

Remember, Ehr was unbeaten and had a win over Mullins... Delaney was something like 28-10

My stomach from all the concession stand stops during the year...

Ha! Quote of the day nomination.

You know the only way to prevent that is training. You can't stay away during the whole of the offseason and expect to be up to the rigors of a long wrestling season. Maybe take a week off to let things settle, but then get right back on your horse! I think I saw somewhere that the morning after Dan Gable lost his NCAA finals match he was spotted doing shots of Nacho Cheese and chasing them with hot dog drippings. Yeah. He was driven.

Stevenson over Sliga isn't an upset.  Some of you guys just think it is.  Now Goldman is a fine wrestler, but after seeing him pretty much get handled at SS, I didn't think he could beat Stevenson.  That was the upset of the tourney to me.

Couldnt agree more. I had Stevenson all the way, Goldman slooowed it way down and took Stevenson out when he had to.  Stevenson looked gassed at the end.

In terms of reputation and expectation going into the state finals only, I'd say Blanton over Binion.  Stevenson over Sliga was only big if you haven't followed Stevenson's career and didn't know his national success. 

But the topic says, "Upset of the year."  For me, as others have said, that's definitely Dulaney over Ehr.  Nothing from either of their seasons could have suggested the outcome, and Ehr was a very legitimate title contender.  Blanton over Binion was perhaps the 7th or 8th best kid upsetting the 3rd or 4th best kid.  Goldman over Stevenson was possibly the 3rd best kid defeating the best kid.  Dulaney over Ehr was maybe the 40th best kid over potentially the 2nd best kid.  To me, that qualifies for upset of the year.

In terms of reputation and expectation going into the state finals only, I'd say Blanton over Binion.  Stevenson over Sliga was only big if you haven't followed Stevenson's career and didn't know his national success. 

But the topic says, "Upset of the year."  For me, as others have said, that's definitely Dulaney over Ehr.  Nothing from either of their seasons could have suggested the outcome, and Ehr was a very legitimate title contender.   Blanton over Binion was perhaps the 7th or 8th best kid upsetting the 3rd or 4th best kid.  Goldman over Stevenson was possibly the 3rd best kid defeating the best kid.  Dulaney over Ehr was maybe the 40th best kid over potentially the 2nd best kid.  To me, that qualifies for upset of the year.

It's Delaney, not Dulaney.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.