Team State Picks

FormerHornet

Match 1: Roncalli vs. Perry Meridian.

Match 2: Penn vs. Bellmont.

Match 3: Evansville Mater Dei vs. Crown Point.

Match 4: Delphi vs. Lawrence North.

After watching the individual state finals and looking at the teams what are your picks for the champion of this tournament.  I am going to pick EMD over Perry Meridian for the title.  What is everyone else's picks?

After watching the way Sims manhandled the 60 from CP, I really think MD is going to win this first match.  Possibly going away.  They are going to score 18 points at 60, 89, and HWT.  It think MD is going to give up only 7 or 8 at 40 and 45, and this is going to decide the match.  It's been proven that the EV SS and the CA regional were pretty tough this year, so MD would have had more state qualifiers and placers in an average year.  They have some good kids who stayed in the stands this weekend.

I think MD will win this first match by at least 10.  I haven't really looked at an MD/PM matchup yet.

Hey nick why don't you take your blinders off , I agree about your 60-89-HWT but by any chance last night did you see CP's 112-140-145-152-215 . If you think Tsirtsis the best wrestler in the state and Roach right near him are only going to  get 7 or 8 points , you are a fool .

I am going to take LN over Delphi.  Indianapolis area schools are typically tough and LN has some great wrestlers  I see them definitely getting bonus points with Boston, Boston, and Rattay.  I also wouldn't be surprised is Haskett got some bonus points for their team.  I am not sure about the other wrestlers on their team but typically LN has a pretty good line up from top to bottom.

After watching the way Sims manhandled the 60 from CP, I really think MD is going to win this first match.  Possibly going away.  They are going to score 18 points at 60, 89, and HWT.  It think MD is going to give up only 7 or 8 at 40 and 45, and this is going to decide the match.  It's been proven that the EV SS and the CA regional were pretty tough this year, so MD would have had more state qualifiers and placers in an average year.  They have some good kids who stayed in the stands this weekend.

I think MD will win this first match by at least 10.  I haven't really looked at an MD/PM matchup yet.

As an MD fan, my outlook is not so optimistic. I hope you are right, but after this weekend I don't see MD taking out CP. The cats are going to have to come up with some HUGE matches. Back in the day I used to see this all the time. Nobody wanted to be the team that blew the streak and lost a dual meet, and certain wrestlers came up with big upsets to continue that. It seems like that instinct has been lacking of late. I guess we will see how much heart this team has, because I think they will have to wrestle over their heads to pull it out.

Go MD!

I know the CA Regional and Eville SS is a tough one this year, but im not sure winning by 10 will happen. I think it will be very very close. I think EMD has some great kids on varsity that didnt make it out of regionals or SS, but CP is a tough team. I think 140 and 145 wont give up more than 8 points. EMD wrestle hard and dont get put on their backs much. And a tech will be hard. Lannert was impressive this weekend.

I think Perry is also getting lost in this mix.  I believe Perry Meridian is definitely capable of winning it this year.  Top to bottom of their line up they are tough.  Even if EMD or CP makes it to the finals they will have an extremely tough team in Perry Meridian to contend with.  Though I do believe EMD brings home another state title this year they as well as Crown Point will have to wrestle amazing to dethrone one or the other and then wrestle Perry Meridian and do it again.

Lannert has really turned it on as of late!  I was impressed with his performance at State.  Now beating Tsirtsis..Well lets not get all crazy!  ANYTHING can happen, but I would also rather seem Lannert bump to 145 to face Roach. 

Odds improve just little if he does, but even then it's a long shot.

I see CP at 103, 119,  130, 135, 140, 145, 171, and 215

In all fairness, 130 is a swing match for me - could go either way.  152 and 160 also.  I have a feeling the Flamme boys are going to be looking for a strong finish. 

Wienzapfel at 152 is a tough kid and has the abilty to catch some one.

If MD keeps things together, they can win this after what I saw from CP this weekend.  But it will take CP stumbling in the swing matches.

Looks Like Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On .

After watching the individual state finals and looking at the teams what are your picks for the champion of this tournament.  I am going to pick EMD over Perry Meridian for the title.  What is everyone else's picks?

I agree here. I think PM walks to the Finals. MD beats CP by a handful and wins in finals by 10 or so. ;D :-*

Uhh, care to elucidate?  I am 2009 Ev SS Pickems champ and 2011 Champ.  Do you have any credentials to compete with that impressive resume?

You might know about EV. Semi but you don't know jack about up in the Region . I have wrestled both teams this year and C.P. by 12 . How many times did you wrestle these teams this year ?

/

Match1: Perry Meridian

Match2: Bellmont

Match3: Too close to predict, but I'm rooting for MD and proud of them either way!!!

Match4: Lawrence North

Semifinals:

Perry Meridian vs. Penn

Crown Point vs. Lawrence North

Finals:

Perry Meridian vs. Crown Point

This will be a great day of wrestling......

Does Perry, CP, or EMD have any real weak spots in their line up?  I know for the most part their teams advanced pretty deep in the individual state tournament.  I Will go with:

Match 1: EMD

Match 2: Penn (in a close one)

Match 3: PM (looking forward to the McKinley and Keiffer rematch

Match 4: Lawrence North

Finals: EMD over Perry Meridian.

I don't have any predictions on the scores. It is definitely going to come down to bonus points.  But all the teams here are pretty solid from top to bottom and should be an amazing day of wrestling. 

I do believe Tsirtsis will be Lannert, however, I think it would be a huge win for EMD if they only receive a decision in this weight class and could possibly win them the meet.

Perry vs CP in the finals

]Tsirtsis and Mckinley both with falls.

Big swing match at 30 i believe.

It'll all come down to who can get some majors.

Matches 7 to 7

i got pm 28-24

Good Luck to all the teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.