So sad to be on this board

maligned

I see the board has died down dramatically over the past couple hours.  Everyone's headed where they should be--downtown Indy. 

I live overseas and am missing my 3rd consecutive state finals.  What's everyone else's story?

I see the board has died down dramatically over the past couple hours.  Everyone's headed where they should be--downtown Indy. 

I live overseas and am missing my 3rd consecutive state finals.  What's everyone else's story?

I sent my boys with their team to Indy and I must give wife some QT now.  I could only go if one of them made state. They fell short by 1 match.  So I will be watching web cast and holding my lady, plus all the snacks I can eat at a low cost price.  Time to leave the board now. Almost match time.

We moved to Texas.  Happy to be here... but wrestling is just not the same down here.  My son made it to State for Texas... but they don't wrestle until next weekend... and it's NOTHING like the way they do it up in Indiana!

I miss Conseco... and the Parade of Champions... and watching the finals under the spotlight... and the crazy crazy wrestling fans screaming their lungs out!!

Not going tonight even though I'm 15 mins away from downtown, no baby sitter for the 1 year old and don't think she'd make it through most of the night at Conseco. At home tonight watching most matches online, but will be heading downtown tomorrow for the consolations and for the finals.

Went 17 years straight, then in 1999 the good folks at Conseco saw fit to force us outside between sessions in to sub-zero temperatures, despite the fact that I had a 15 mo. old that had been sleeping (and sweating) on my chest for the past couple of hours.....THAT was the day that those sums-a-beechs at the IHSAA got my last dollar.  I did my best bitchin' and moaning to try and get them to stop the ridiculous cattle drive between sessions, hell I would pay $100 to just pick a seat and sit for the whole weekend.....have spent the last 11 yrs. on-line here.  ;D

(plus I have been in CA for the last 5 years)

I went last night.  What a great night of wrestling!  Only 2 surprise with Binion getting knocked out by 4th place SS Bradley and Blanton from alexandria getting through.  They both wrestled extremely well.  i won't be able to go today because it is my wifes birthday so I thought better of even asking! ;D....I am going to team state next weekend.  There will bve some outstanding wrestling today.  I foresee some upsets this morning!  Wish i could be there!

to maligned..thanks for serving our great country....

you make a greate point..this is a great format for hs wrestling...and the state wrestling tournament is the highlight o f the entire season..yeah, it does seem a whole lot less postings on the matches, and the atmosphere of IN HS state wrestling your right

I mean this forum really, the only way for those outside of IN to keep up with a great HS wrestling event

I hope to see more informatitive posting this weekend and next for TEAM states

thanks

to maligned..thanks for serving our great country....

you make a greate point..this is a great format for hs wrestling...and the state wrestling tournament is the highlight o f the entire season..yeah, it does seem a whole lot less postings on the matches, and the atmosphere of IN HS state wrestling your right

I mean this forum really, the only way for those outside of IN to keep up with a great HS wrestling event

I hope to see more informatitive posting this weekend and next for TEAM states

thanks

To clarify, I live overseas but I'm not in the military.  I teach English and lead a team of people doing various types of development and education work in northeast Africa.  Thanks anyway.  Our servicemen and women always need encouragement.

Maligned, I know you have an account over at TOM.  A poster there with the screen name A Guest is currently in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  His family spends a few years teaching in a location then moves to another internationally, he recently spent a few years in India....they just started their commitment in Africa.  He is a tremendous guy with a passion for wrestling that rivals your own, in India he started wrestling program for the youth at his school.  The school or children had never been exposed to the sport before.  He even took them to egypt to a tournament so they could have that experience.  Just FYI....

Maligned, I know you have an account over at TOM.  A poster there with the screen name A Guest is currently in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.   His family spends a few years teaching in a location then moves to another internationally, he recently spent a few years in India....they just started their commitment in Africa.  He is a tremendous guy with a passion for wrestling that rivals your own, in India he started wrestling program for the youth at his school.  The school or children had never been exposed to the sport before.  He even took them to egypt to a tournament so they could have that experience.   Just FYI....

Very cool.  I've sat with the general secretary of the olympic committee here and have dreamed of bringing people in to get a program going, specifically among people of a region called the Nuba mountains.  For generations, these guys have competed for the pride of their tribe or village in wrestling matches with rules a little similar to greco (see avatar).  It's so sad when you get into a poor area of the world and you see the untapped potential in all walks of life (education, arts, sciences, and athletics) with no opportunities.  These guys aren't Ethiopian (no offense to 'A Guest').  These matches are Weekly v. Lunford or Carr v. Lapsley in terms of physique and athleticism.

Whatever the case, I have so many other things going in other equally important arenas that it's unfortunately a dream on the back burner for the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.