Where are you eating this weekend?

gogoplata89

Got some Hot Box Pizza this week-end, delivered after midnight...the crust was awesome and the pizza was still hot when I got it...Large Pizza with any toppings I wanted, 8 breadsticks with 2 sauces, and two large fountain drinks in nice reusable plastic cups (the college guys at the hotel assured me they make excellent beer pong cups), less than $24 & worth every penny...yummy

Got some Hot Box Pizza this week-end, delivered after midnight...the crust was awesome and the pizza was still hot when I got it...Large Pizza with any toppings I wanted, 8 breadsticks with 2 sauces, and two large fountain drinks in nice reusable plastic cups (the college guys at the hotel assured me they make excellent beer pong cups), less than $24 & worth every penny...yummy

We also got pizza from Hot Box really late in the night Friday night...it was really good.

I'm a big fan of their Buffalo Chicken Pizza with some stix on the side.  Love the saying they put on their products too.

Scotty's Friday night and they did a great job then Jillians in between sessions and service was horrible as usual. My wife had called the manager on Monday to warn them about the rush of people on saturday and they still were understaffed. We also did Hotbox pizza in the lobby of the University INN Saturday night with 2 state champs,good friends and relatives. I cant tell you how the pizza tasted, I was having too many refreshments!

• 2 weeks later...

what is the big deal about st.elmos, is it a small restaurant, with long lines? steak? what is their speciality? Most know about this place?

For us old folks, it is a landmark as it was the basis of an old (maybe mid 80's?) movie.  Featured a young Demi Moore,  Ally Sheedy, Mare Winningham, Emelio Estevez, Rob Lowe and others.  It wasn't a great movie, but it had some eye candy for both sexes.  Imagine a Justin Bieber, Brittany Spears, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Joe Jonas movie of today.....a lot not to like there, but A LOT of teenie boppers would pay $$$$ to see it!  :P

what is the big deal about st.elmos, is it a small restaurant, with long lines? steak? what is their speciality? Most know about this place?

The opening  paragraph from St. Elmo's website:

St. Elmo Steak House has been a landmark in downtown Indianapolis since 1902. It is the oldest Indianapolis steakhouse in its original location, and has earned a national reputation for its excellent steaks, seafood, chops and professional service.

McGinleys' Golden Ace Inn.  Just a short drive from downtown at 2533 E. Washington St. on the southside of the the street.  It is a neighborhood pub but if you want to get a cold one and some good food and talk about wrestling you will be in the right place since it is a McGinley family owned joint.

http://www.goldenaceinn.com/

I bet that place went nuts on Saturday night????

I bet that place went nuts on Saturday night????

I am not sure if you meant that as a jab or what.  This blog was about dining in Indy.  If it was a jab at the McGinley's I am sure that they would welcome a good old fashioned debate.  Just bring your best debate team from the last 40 years or longer.  We will need a moderator as it could get a little rowdy...LOL

McGinleys' Golden Ace Inn.  Just a short drive from downtown at 2533 E. Washington St. on the southside of the the street.  It is a neighborhood pub but if you want to get a cold one and some good food and talk about wrestling you will be in the right place since it is a McGinley family owned joint.

http://www.goldenaceinn.com/

Great place, been going there for years. However, maybe not the best place for out-of-towners. "Neighborhood pub" may be more like "da hood pub" these days. Don't get me wrong, great food and spirits inside, just be careful getting to your car late at night! One thing for sure, rdrodd1 is right, always a knowledgeable wrestling fan nearby in there.  Looking forward to St. Patrick's Day!

I am pretty sure that everyone in close proximity to the Golden Ace knows, that is not a good place to go into and puff your chest out....You will be put back into your chair or asked to leave, very kindly I might add.....I would venture to say that there have been plenty of attitude adjustments over the last 50 plus years.....

Heck, I went in there thinking I was eating Irish stew and got chastised for calling it that....It was Polish something or other but it was really good...Still the best stew that I have ever ate and my Grandma was from Kentucky..Good thing she cant read this now (God rest her sole)..How would I have  known since I am German....LOL.....Charlie and Dominique did well that night anyway......

For us old folks, it is a landmark as it was the basis of an old (maybe mid 80's?) movie.  Featured a young Demi Moore,  Ally Sheedy, Mare Winningham, Emelio Estevez, Rob Lowe and others.  It wasn't a great movie, but it had some eye candy for both sexes.  Imagine a Justin Bieber, Brittany Spears, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Joe Jonas movie of today.....a lot not to like there, but A LOT of teenie boppers would pay $$$$ to see it!   :P

was my favorite movie back then..... ahhhhh  :D

I am not sure if you meant that as a jab or what.  This blog was about dining in Indy.  If it was a jab at the McGinley's I am sure that they would welcome a good old fashioned debate.  Just bring your best debate team from the last 40 years or longer.  We will need a moderator as it could get a little rowdy...LOL

Not a jab at all I just figured after the 125 finals match that the place was probably pretty wild when Mcginly won I syould hve turned my smileys off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.