John Friedt passed away today around 9:30am.

Andy Friedt

I'm typing this from work, and wish I had a wrestling room to go to.

He gave it his all, just as he coached all of us to do every practice and every match.  Wrestling teaches us to be disciplined, and with great work ethic the wins will come.  John went out on top.

Keep the Friedt family, and the larger Bellmont wrestling family, all in your prayers.

Go Braves!

1994%20firetruck.jpg

This is a big loss for Mary and the family, but also the entire Bellmont wrestling community past and present. John's work with the young people in the wrestling room far outlives himself.

Braves grieve your loss but keep it together and show up strong this weekend. John would not have wanted it any other way!

Feels like a punch in the gut that hasn?t gone away since I found out about John?s stroke. John and Mary have given basically their entire adult lives to this sport and thousands are better people because of it. John?s impact on every person that came though the Decatur wrestling program, from as early as 4 or 5 until they graduated from Bellmont and beyond, is immeasurable.

You don?t meet too many people in life that you would find it impossible to find one person who had something bad to say about them, but John was definitely one. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Friedt family.    

Ben Faurote

Mary, Danny, Jenny and the entire Friedt family

Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to you and the entire Bellmont wrestling community. If there is anything we can do...please let us know.

The ISWA Board of Directors

I'll miss John.  He helped my nephews when they were young and going to the Decatur Wrestling Club, even though they would be wrestling for Adams Central.  They school wasn't important to John, just helping young men grow and improve as wrestlers.

I had the honor to get to know John really well the past few years.  In my short time knowing him on a personal level he impacted my life, my ideas and thoughts on wrestling, and gave me much advice about dealing with young kids.  He will be missed by many.  I am thankful I was able to know such a great man.

AJ Bradley

JOHN FRIEDT

Was and forever will be a Major factor in the Legacy of Bellmont Wrestling.  The memories of John will continue

to endure in the lives of all who knew him as a Coach and Friend who had no enemies.  Wrestling lost one of it's

greatest contributors today.  Rest IN Peace JOHN.

Heartfelt sympathys to Mary and the family.

UncleSam                        Roger H Cole

We talk about the heart and soul of Bellmont Wrestling often and what great role models/coaches we have.  We truely lost a large part of that today. John was a true champion, a great role model and wonderful coach!!!  I will truely miss seeing him on the sidelines and in the shadows where he always was when it came to the sport.  May he now find peace and others that have gone before him and rumble the wrestling mat's in heaven.  And may the ones who have been touch by his abilities as  a coach and simply a person continue his legacy of encouraging others. RIP Big John we love you and will think of you often!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.