Attendance?

md85

Does the IHSAA keep track of how many people attend each level of the individual state tournament?  Was the tunout as low at the other 3 semistates as it was in Evansvillle?  I would estimate there were maybe 3000 to 4000 at E-ville.  If the turnout at state is as bad as it was at every event I attended this year, I would not be surprized to see it in a highschool gym next year.

Does the IHSAA keep track of how many people attend each level of the individual state tournament?  Was the tunout as low at the other 3 semistates as it was in Evansvillle?  I would estimate there were maybe 3000 to 4000 at E-ville.  If the turnout at state is as bad as it was at every event I attended this year, I would not be surprized to see it in a highschool gym next year.

I'm sure they could rent out the Coliseum like they do for the Ft. Wayne semi-state before it would ever be held at a high school!

The New Stadium in Evansville will be hte home won't it?  attendance will be WAY down...No one will want to walk 4 miles from their parking spot to the venue!   GOOD PLANNING EVANSVILLE!   WAY TO BUILD A WHITE ELEPHANT!

Was the tunout as low at the other 3 semistates as it was in Evansvillle? 

I thought the attendance at New Castle was up this year.  The "largest and finest fieldhouse in the world" seemed pretty full - enough room to be comfortable but didn't look like there was a lot of space left in the stands.  It could of been because there were 4 rounds of very competitive matches.

I thought the attendance at New Castle was up this year.  The "largest and finest fieldhouse in the world" seemed pretty full - enough room to be comfortable but didn't look like there was a lot of space left in the stands.  It could of been because there were 4 rounds of very competitive matches.

Yeah, and there wasn't much parking left on the ice rink either, I had to park in the snow drift!

At Evansville I think the crowd was not really down this year. Roberts Stadium seats 11,076. When there are that many seats the crowd can spread out and not look as big.

Yea same way at Mville!!! it is sooooo roomy that it never looks like there is many ppl there! ;D

It is astounding how few seats Merrillville has compared to the other 3 semi-state locations.  What time did you guys get home from NC, Evansville or Ft. Wayne.  By the time I drove back to school, unloaded our gear, got the guys home, and finally walked in my front door it was 1:05 a.m. when I returned from Merrillville

From the floor looking up, it looked very full in the 1st 2 rounds, then there were fewer people as the day went on. My experience in Evansville is usually just the opposite, no one is there for the 1st 2 rounds, but it fills up for the Finals.

It is astounding how few seats Merrillville has compared to the other 3 semi-state locations.  What time did you guys get home from NC, Evansville or Ft. Wayne.  By the time I drove back to school, unloaded our gear, got the guys home, and finally walked in my front door it was 1:05 a.m. when I returned from Merrillville

Fort Wayne was wrapped up at about 7:15 pm.

Having only ever been to the Merrillville Semi State as a wrestler and fan this weekend i made my first trip to New Castle and it was like Christmas Morning. I was so pumped all day when i was able to leave my seat and return and it was still there, shoot i even layed across the bleachers at one point just because i could. I really wish all the wrestlers in the state could have that experience because the great wrestling at Merrillville gets overshadowed by the awful facility and hospitality.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.