Updated Wednesday 2/16/11: Coach Uncle John Friedt needs a lot of prayers today.

Andy Friedt

John had a stroke last night and is in the hospital, not good condition.  He has been a coach at Bellmont High School for as long as most can remember.

He needs a miracle 3rd period comeback.

If I hear any updates I'll let everyone know.

Andy Friedt

The epitome of Bellmont Wrestling and the sport in general. He has devoted his life to the sport of wrestling in Adams County. Let's hope that John can watch Daniel Meyer take home a state title Saturday night from his hospital bed.

To Mary and John's family, all of our prayers from my family to yours.

I have been coached by John since I was 4 years old. One of the most knowledgeable men ive ever met. A HUGE reason for the success of bellmont wrestling for all of these years.

The Friedt family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Coach Friedt has contributed to the Bellmont program as a high school assistant coach, a middle school coach, an elementary coach, and a freestyle coach for over 35 years. His value to the Bellmont program is without measure. Besides a being an outstanding coach, he is an outstanding man and someone I have learned a lot from over the years. He is definitely in my thoughts today...

I had to make an account to let the Friedt family know that they are in my prayers. John you are a great man and without your guidence I would not have been the wrestle I turned out to be. Best of luck to you and I hope to see you giving Danny and Ben the guidence they will need to finish those double legs! God Bless you and your family.

Ryan Baker

John is a great man and has helped bellmont tremendously throughout his years... Always knew how to brighten someones mood when they were down on themselves. Hoping for a speedy recovery and to talk to him back in the room soon.

Jeff Heller

It isn't often that an opponent can be viewed in the light that John and really all of the Bellmont staff is looked upon. It is a testiment of the type of leadership that is given to the young men who come through that progam. I have had the pleasure of knowing John since the early 80's and everything that has been said before my post I know to be true. He is a class act and the Bellmont program shows that through his influence and leadership. I will pray for a full and speedy return to the progam and sport he loves.

Just got an update from my dad.

John is still in critical condition, but still fighting.  He's in the 3rd OT right now, looking for an escape.  Still has severe swelling in his brain, and it isn't going in the right direction yet.  They are keeping him in an induced coma, and he still has the ventilator in.

Thanks for all the prayers.  I know it means a lot to our family, and the entire Bellmont Wrestling family.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.