Wesley Bernard

Big Hawaiian

Thanks to those who have sent your well wishes, and regards to Wes. His injury is still being evaluated and he will have a MRI after the swelling goes down. Tough to loose that way (injury default) in the ticket round, and your 2:30 from advancing but so is life. Good luck to those that will be at Conseco and I'm sure Wesley will be looking forward to joining you guys next year. Thanks again for your thoughts and the messages sent....

I think he likely would've placed at state this year. He is going to be really good. He has great ability but it's his confidence, and not arrogance, that might be the most impressive. I hope he mends quickly

Thanks Dingo you brought a smile to his face... He's seeing the ortho guy today!!

• 2 weeks later...

What was Wesley doing in the upper deck at Conseco?  I got there late and found a seat in the front row of the upper deck Friday night and here comes this kid on crutches....I look up and it is Wesley and he says excuse me....Very polite young man....I stepped on his foot just to make sure that it was really hurt and it was.....LOL.....Nice young man and I am sure that we will see him on the floor next year at state....

Hey Bob, how is Wes doing? Haven't seen you guys in a while

Miss you guys and hope to see you at team state rooting for the Falcons. We hope Wes will be back for folkstyle state, and the doctor said 8 weeks from the injury date. How are the boys?

What was Wesley doing in the upper deck at Conseco?  I got there late and found a seat in the front row of the upper deck Friday night and here comes this kid on crutches....I look up and it is Wesley and he says excuse me....Very polite young man....I stepped on his foot just to make sure that it was really hurt and it was.....LOL.....Nice young man and I am sure that we will see him on the floor next year at state....

Thanks rdodd1,

It was devastating to have that injury happen as he's winning his ticket round match to state, but that is life and better to have happen when your a freshman rather than a senior. His mother taught taught him that excuse me stuff,lol... It would have been nice for him to have got that Parade of Champions under the lights thing out of the way this year, but as his dad I was very proud of his growth this season. Thanks for your concern and nice words...

I think he likely would've placed at state this year. He is going to be really good. He has great ability but it's his confidence, and not arrogance, that might be the most impressive. I hope he mends quickly

Thanks Dingo,

I would agree this is a great strength of his and I attribute this to his 10yrs of competition with the PM wrestling club, and the work currently of the Cathedral coaching staff!

Hey Bob,

Sorry to hear about Wes.  We haven't seen him or you in awhile, but we saw you guys at semi-state.  WOW, he has grown into a young man and good looking.  He impressed us so much!!!!!  Good luck in his wrestling career, because he will be great!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.