4's over 1's FRIDAY NIGHT @ CONSECO

RAGUOC79

I'm gonna pick one from each weight class--or atleast attempt too lol, don't mean to offend anyone, just some possible close matches...The bold ones I think have a decent shot @ the upset, the others are long shots

103: Perez vs. Hamm

112:Snyder vs. Shepard

119:Boston vs. Carrol

125:Blanton vs. Binion

130:House vs. Hartman135:Moore vs. Raley

140:Lannert vs. Meska

145:Whenstine vs. James152: ???

160:???

171:Shrewsbury vs. Manning

189:???

215:???

285:Stevenson vs. Henson

who are Meska's losses too?

I Know one of his losses came from Josh Ehr at the ECIC Tournament. I believe meska was still wrestling 45 and ehr had dropped to that weight class for the tournament. But i have to say Meska is going to be tough to beat if he continues to wrestle like he did saturday, he was very impressive. Solid wrestler all the way around.

I don't see any at 160 Welch, Quiroz, Lefever, and Anderson are all pretty solid.  The best chance I see is Holt being able to take Quiroz in the first round.  Quiroz got dominated Friday night last year and I don't think he is going to let that happen again.

Quiroz was a 2 last year and yes he was dominated by Lefever. Does anyone know the outcome of their 3 meetings after the state finals. Of course it was out of season, but Quiroz turned the tables with 3 solid wins against him. Hope to see this match happen again!!

Three meetings?  They only met once and that was at folkstyle state, no other time after that.

Ok Y2 heres what it was. They wrestled at folkstyle state, a national tourney, and at the Wabash team camp. So some people would count that others may not, but that does add up to 3 matches. All 3 won by Mr. Quiroz. Like I said hope this match happens and it would be under the lights!!

Ok Y2 heres what it was. They wrestled at folkstyle state, a national tourney, and at the Wabash team camp. So some people would count that others may not, but that does add up to 3 matches. All 3 won by Mr. Quiroz. Like I said hope this match happens and it would be under the lights!!

What national tourney?

When was the last time that all 1's beat all the 4's on Friday night.. Call me crazy but it's a much better possibility this year than any year I can remember in the past.

i don't know this with any certainty, but i would guess that this has never happened.  with 56 (52 before 215) matches i would think that at least one would happen every year. 

i think that the most famous 4 over 1 was williams over mora in 2003.

i don't know this with any certainty, but i would guess that this has never happened.  with 56 (52 before 215) matches i would think that at least one would happen every year. 

i think that the most famous 4 over 1 was williams over mora in 2003.

yeah Williams was returning state champ I think and inj dflt at semi state which set up that matchup.  I'm pretty sure Mora got top 4  the next year.

yeah Williams was returning state champ I think and inj dflt at semi state which set up that matchup.  I'm pretty sure Mora got top 4  the next year.

that is right, navy.  the next year justin was the runner-up.  his only two losses jr. year were both to williams.  the first time he got spanked.  the rematch couldn't have been closer.  that second one definately should have been under the lights!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.