Long shots for a title

ontherise219

This statement is almost laughable.. Downey was beaten by 7 or 8 by Isaiah Bradley who has been beaten by Jackson 3 or 4 times.  There is also a Super 32 Champ and former State Champ named Ethan Raley in the weight class, and 2 more unbeatens with Justin Kieffer and Alex Gregory.  If Downey wins a title I will buy the whole discussion board a shaved ice.

Green Bay wasn't suppose to win the Super Bowl coming in as a six seed but look what they accomplished.

Green Bay wasn't suppose to win the Super Bowl coming in as a six seed but look what they accomplished.

To compare the parity of the NFL in which throughout the history of the game there has been only 1 team to finish an undefeated season to the complete lack of parity in Indiana high school wrestling in which most weight classes have between one and three kids with a legitimate shot at a state title is quite ill-informed.

To compare the parity of the NFL in which throughout the history of the game there has been only 1 team to finish an undefeated season to the complete lack of parity in Indiana high school wrestling in which most weight classes have between one and three kids with a legitimate shot at a state title is quite ill-informed.

Wow! All I was saying is anything is possible. The Title of this posts was Long Shots. And anyone who makes it to a state tournament has a legitimate shot regardless how long it is. Maybe I should have used the Ft Wayne Dwenger wrestler upsetting Josh Ehr and qualifying for the state tournament as an example.

Just out of curiosity, how is my long shot any different than any other long shot listed in this post?

I find it to be a little bit of an afront for someone to take potshots at someone else for their upset choice. I remember a couple years ago when the Woods kid from Leo stuck George Malone who was ranked #1 all year and a defending state champ. I guess a rankings guy must know all seeings how so often the rankings are so deadon. I believe the post was started so everyone could express their opinion without reproach or attack, apparently I was wrong so I guess maybe the all knowing one can expouse us with his superior intellect and post who he thinks will win every weight class. With that vast wrestling knowledge that he seems to have I am certain he has never had to purchase tickets to the state finals as he probably wins the freebies from the Mat Burns contest every year. When there is only a two or three person race at each weight class it should be extremely easy to fill out the three forms and walk away with all the goods. So go ahead and astound us with you prognostications all knowing one.

I find it to be a little bit of an afront for someone to take potshots at someone else for their upset choice. I remember a couple years ago when the Woods kid from Leo stuck George Malone who was ranked #1 all year and a defending state champ. I guess a rankings guy must know all seeings how so often the rankings are so deadon. I believe the post was started so everyone could express their opinion without reproach or attack, apparently I was wrong so I guess maybe the all knowing one can expouse us with his superior intellect and post who he thinks will win every weight class. With that vast wrestling knowledge that he seems to have I am certain he has never had to purchase tickets to the state finals as he probably wins the freebies from the Mat Burns contest every year. When there is only a two or three person race at each weight class it should be extremely easy to fill out the three forms and walk away with all the goods. So go ahead and astound us with you prognostications all knowing one.

When there are only 2 or 3 people that could win every weight class the amount of pickems that you'd have to fill out to assure you win would actually be 2 to the 14th power= 16,384 or 3 to the 14th power=4,782,969... but hey, who's counting?

I was actually being facetious as I know it would take approximately 33,000 entries to approximate the 14 title winners in the correct  order when you have your 1 to 3 potential champs and of course when the odd winner outside your suggested three people possibilities crashes the party the odds go way up. But I was banking on your incredible insight to be able to reduce the odds and only have to fill out three entry blanks. But hey whos counting. I will be tracking your potential winners and hoping that by copying them I can win the $40 worth of free tickets to the 2012 state finals

Nick Manning; I've said it since the beginning of the season and it has been met with skepticism all year.

Manning is better than people give him credit, but he still will more than likey have to get by the Delphi kid to make it to the finals. And even if that happens he'd more than likely be up against Stein, who will be defending his title.  He's been there before, and he's not going to let anyone take it away from him.  But I've watched Manning wrestle many times.  He could fall to an anyone and it wouldn't shock me.  He's barely won some matches he should have dominated.

This statement is almost laughable.. Downey was beaten by 7 or 8 by Isaiah Bradley who has been beaten by Jackson 3 or 4 times.  There is also a Super 32 Champ and former State Champ named Ethan Raley in the weight class, and 2 more unbeatens with Justin Kieffer and Alex Gregory.  If Downey wins a title I will buy the whole discussion board a shaved ice.

I really have no dog in this fight, but

I could really use a shaved ice.  Although a lot safer wager than saying you would eat cat crap!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.