Question about coaches being removed matside

ronnyg

During the New Castle SS I was watching a match which involved Arsenal Tech. During the match the Arsenal Tech coaches began flipping out about a call. During this the ref sitting at the scorers bench orders 1 of the coaches out of the corners and tells him to go sit in the stands. The coach walks over and sits front row behind the the ref. The ref orders him several times to move up into the bleachers. He never does and continues to argue. A few moments later he gets up and goes and stands behind the Arsenal Tech coach and his replacement and continues to coach. Then Arsenal Tech has the very next match right there on the same mat and he takes over his seat and continues coaching for the next match. I thought that if a ref made you leave your coaching seat it was an ejection and resulted in you being removed for the remaider of the day? Is this not the case? Can they just make you leave your seat for that match without ejecting you?

This may come down to an issue of it was a ref trying to fix an issue of too many coaches/people in a corner instead of actually being ejected.  You would have to hear what the refs interpretation of the situation was it figure it out for sure.  I would guess he wasn't officially ejected if he was sitting in the seat the very next match.

Well the ref kept telling him to go sit in the stands which he never did and continued to argue so why the ref didnt eject him is beyond me. I can say that for all the bad calls that went these refs had thick skin because several coaches went ballistic.......and a mother who came onto the floor screaming at a ref LOL.

I wish more was done to make teams comply with the 2 team personnel in the corner rule.  As a tournament director, I have gone to a corner and ask coaches/parents/trainers/wrestlers to leave a corner.  I'm not sure if this should come down to the officials, the home management, or who as to whose job it is.

I wish more was done to make teams comply with the 2 team personnel in the corner rule.  As a tournament director, I have gone to a corner and ask coaches/parents/trainers/wrestlers to leave a corner.  I'm not sure if this should come down to the officials, the home management, or who as to whose job it is.

Maybe get a few barrel chested guys in brown shirts with a shiny badge and a head thumper on their belt.  That will keep people in line.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.