INDIAN CREEK !!!!!!!!!!! ????????

Scout101

Congrats to the Indina Creek wrestlers, they were exciting to watch and I wish them all the best of luck at Conseco.  But...I did want to point out that I believe I read on here earlier in the season that IC didn't have a full team, not sure if this is correct or not...BUT...this is the kind of situation where a team has the opportunity of winning the coaches trophy (under the old format of declaring a State Championship) based on a handful of great kids, not an entire team.  Griffith (2004 I think) is another example...I think Lowell is one as well.  Not taking anything away from IC, these kids are great, but just pointing out how a few kids can win the TEAM the trophy, under the old format, so if they do decide to take away Team State, I hope they come up with a better system than the previous one. 

Congratulations from Franklin to our fellow Johnson County boys!!!  Indian Creek got 5 out of 5 through!  Franklin got 2 out of 9 through, but Center Grove was 0-9, Greenwood was 0-2, & Whiteland was 0-1.  Good luck!

Congrats to the Indina Creek wrestlers, they were exciting to watch and I wish them all the best of luck at Conseco.  But...I did want to point out that I believe I read on here earlier in the season that IC didn't have a full team, not sure if this is correct or not...BUT...this is the kind of situation where a team has the opportunity of winning the coaches trophy (under the old format of declaring a State Championship) based on a handful of great kids, not an entire team.  Griffith (2004 I think) is another example...I think Lowell is one as well.  Not taking anything away from IC, these kids are great, but just pointing out how a few kids can win the TEAM the trophy, under the old format, so if they do decide to take away Team State, I hope they come up with a better system than the previous one. 

Lol, are you talking about the 2003 Griffith team?

The same Griffith team that finished runner-up at team state?

I understand your point, but you probably ought to use a better example. That team was pretty darn good top to bottom.

Indian Creek did fill all 14 weight classes this year at sectionals and ended up finishing 3rd as a team behind Franklin and Center Grove. These kids have worked very hard and all of the seniors have been wrestling since first grade or earlier.

I would like to say thanks to all of the Franklin fans for staying and supporting the IC wrestlers. We will be rooting for Austin and Skyler this weekend.

Lol, are you talking about the 2003 Griffith team?

The same Griffith team that finished runner-up at team state?

I understand your point, but you probably ought to use a better example. That team was pretty darn good top to bottom.

I know it wasn't 2003...I'm pretty sure MD won the Coaches Trophy that year.  I thought it was 2004 (Escobedo, Escobedo, Tsirtsis and Hernandez (?)...I thought they were the only 4 to place...all champs of course, but they won the Coach's Trophy...maybe I'm wrong...but I don't think so.  Anyways, it was just something I was thinking when all the IC kids kept advancing...I wouldn't be surprised if they accumulated the most "points" at Semi-State yesterday - all 5 kids did great!

Indian Creek DOES have some fanastic Wreslers!  A couple of True shots for Champs this weekend at State!  Would not be surprised to see all 5 place in the top 5.

I would be shocked to see all 5 place in the top 5 at state with Tyler Hupp facing 52-0 Travis Barroquillo of Prairie Heights on Friday night and Jake Stevenson facing 39-0 Willie Henson of Indianapolis North Central on Friday night.  The other 3 should cruise to the State Semi-Finals however.

Cudos to Indian Creek for sending 5 to Conseco including 3 Semi State Champs.  This is a very small school that could hardly field half a team last year.  Whats in the water down there?

Nice job!

Indian Creek is 3A in football so they are not a very small school.

I would be shocked to see all 5 place in the top 5 at state with Tyler Hupp facing 52-0 Travis Barroquillo of Prairie Heights on Friday night and Jake Stevenson facing 39-0 Willie Henson of Indianapolis North Central on Friday night.  The other 3 should cruise to the State Semi-Finals however.

Have not seen the Prairie Heights or North Central young men, but they better bring their A game.  Hupp is a tough and physical kid, and Stevenson - That guy is a beast!

Cudos to Indian Creek for sending 5 to Conseco including 3 Semi State Champs.  This is a very small school that could hardly field half a team last year.  Whats in the water down there?

Nice job!

Bellmont is also 3a... I'd say thats more impressive!

Bellmont does have about 200 more students than Indian Creek, so it is not quite 50% larger but it is substatially bigger. None the less Seven from there and Seven from Yorktown a school of 755 and the five from Indiana Creek far outweighs the eight Crown Point Advancers from their school of 2530.

As for the Team Champ coming from the individual state tournament. I loved the old days when the place would go crazy when a match meant more points. It might also make the wrestlebacks and the consolation matches more exciting. I understand the angst over not having the team tournament and more kids getting to compete or move on to state as the teams move on. But with that being said it would give a smaller school that brings four or five really good kids to state a chance at a true team state crown versus the mythical coaches trophy. Just my two cents

I need to once again say congrats to a very small school (yes 600 is a very small school compared to whom they compete against in the surrounding area) for having 3 in the State Finals.  I think this will clearly be a statement from this school to be remembered.

Cudos  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and by the way my kids go to Franklin so no bias here.

But they have to make them sound real tiny so that it better supports their argument.

Well Raley in his post win interview made mention of having 2 other IC kids in the final "being a big accomplishment for a small school".  So he must be to much of the talk too.

Well Raley in his post win interview made mention of having 2 other IC kids in the final "being a big accomplishment for a small school".  So he must be to much of the talk too.

how can this "tiny" school not fill a whole team? Not taking anything away from them they have some great individuals... they'll have a hard time convincing me they are at a great disadvantage, coming from the 280th largest school in the state  ;D, Congrats to them, 552 is not that small

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.