Joe Kieffer GOT ROBBED

kiefferfan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kieffer was dominate and got first take down but then reversed. That's pretty much how the match went but was stalling toward the end and Jared Lawson (kid who won) chose down and got a reversal and two backpoints with precisely three seconds on the clock so time did not run out. Anyone who thinks kieffer got screwed is an idiot

Kieffer was dominate and got first take down but then reversed. That's pretty much how the match went but was stalling toward the end and Jared Lawson (kid who won) chose down and got a reversal and two backpoints with precisely three seconds on the clock so time did not run out. Anyone who thinks kieffer got screwed is an idiot

I was sitting next to the clock. he got the takedown right when the clock hit zero, joe got completely screwed.. It is not fair to take away a kid's life time of work just because the side judge wasnt doing his job

well the latest is that the clock was wrong 5 seconds off - but only the referees knew.  That is messed up!!!

I was sitting next to the clock. he got the takedown right when the clock hit zero, joe got completely screwed.. It is not fair to take away a kid's life time of work just because the side judge wasnt doing his job

for sure must have been a clock issue but have 3 different stories...kiefferfan sounds like heresay...iowafan was next to clock so I think he cant watch both at the same time and the turd thief says he sawed 3 seconds left....WE NEED VIDEO !

ff

What/who exactly are you referring to as a "side judge" .... the assistant official or someone at the scorer's table? And, what exactly did they do that was not part of their job?

This is hear say but what i was told is that it was tied. Keifer stopped wrestling when the clock ran out. Official kept match going because he said there was 5 secs. that should have been on the clock because it did not start when the match di. He supposedly said he was counting this in his head.

Again this is hear say. I was not standing there. What did Lance, Robert and the official say. Has anyone talked to those three?

Keifer stopped wrestling when the clock ran out.

Not slamming anyone here, but are you suppose to wrestle until you hear the whistle or until the clock runs out? 

It amazes me that the "OFFICIALS", using this term lightly here, because there were other bad calls all day,  wouldn't correct clock at some break in the action.  It doesn't take that long. 

The clock is for the spectators not the wrestlers. 

With 45 seconds left in the 3rd period the score keeper forgot to start the clock. The official instead of resetting the clock decided that he would start counting five seconds once the the cl0ck read zero. This was the back judge. In a scramble with maybe 15 seconds left,  Joe shot in was awarded a T.D.. During the scramble his opponent almost instantly hit a switch and  was awarded a reversal. At this point the clock read 0:00 Joe held on for a few more seconds in attempt  not to  surrender any back points. Released his grip,  his opponent climb up his chest and was awarded some back points. Everyone that was watching the match was in agreement that the clock had expired at least 5 seconds before the near fall,  including the officials.  Here is the explanation, why it was so confusing,  just like stated above. The score table failed to start the clock in a break at the 45 second mark. The official decided it was best at 0:00 to give a 5 second count. According to  the official he stated he notify the coaches. According to Roncalli coaches that never occurred. According to Joe he was never informed of a 5 extra seconds.  I can not tell you if his opponents coaches were aware of the situation.  I do have video, it is not going to change the outcome. It is very disheartening. I can think of 4 different ways that should of happen, that could of resolved the matter. When it happen, reset the clock. 2. stop the action when you notice the problem, inform the wrestlers. 3. own up to it, place them in the center, its o.t. let the match be decided on the mat. 4. or do exactly what you did, at 0:00 start counting to five. I think most would agree that the answer to this problem would be to reset the clock when it happen. Stop the match and fix the problem, at least everyone knows what is happening. I can't change the outcome, but I hope if this ever happens again to these officials, they do it different. I never want to see a kid go through something like this again. At this point of the season it is not acceptable.  

With 45 seconds left in the 3rd period the score keeper forgot to start the clock. The official instead of resetting the clock decided that he would start counting five seconds once the the cl0ck read zero. This was the back judge. In a scramble with maybe 15 seconds left,  Joe shot in was awarded a T.D.. During the scramble his opponent almost instantly hit a switch and  was awarded a reversal. At this point the clock read 0:00 Joe held on for a few more seconds in attempt  not to  surrender any back points. Released his grip,  his opponent climb up his chest and was awarded some back points. Everyone that was watching the match was in agreement that the clock had expired at least 5 seconds before the near fall,  including the officials.  Here is the explanation, why it was so confusing,  just like stated above. The score table failed to start the clock in a break at the 45 second mark. The official decided it was best at 0:00 to give a 5 second count. According to  the official he stated he notify the coaches. According to Roncalli coaches that never occurred. According to Joe he was never informed of a 5 extra seconds.  I can not tell you if his opponents coaches were aware of the situation.  I do have video, it is not going to change the outcome. It is very disheartening. I can think of 4 different ways that should of happen, that could of resolved the matter. When it happen, reset the clock. 2. stop the action when you notice the problem, inform the wrestlers. 3. own up to it, place them in the center, its o.t. let the match be decided on the mat. 4. or do exactly what you did, at 0:00 start counting to five. I think most would agree that the answer to this problem would be to reset the clock when it happen. Stop the match and fix the problem, at least everyone knows what is happening. I can't change the outcome, but I hope if this ever happens again to these officials, they do it different. I never want to see a kid go through something like this again. At this point of the season it is not acceptable.  

Thorough explanation... thanks  :)

Agreed. This was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Hate to see a kid lose because the refs can't do the job they're getting paid to do. Ticket round wrestling is the most exciting wrestling in the state. Sad to see Joes season end this way. Not taking anything away from the other wrestler but Joe won that match.

On a side note, mat two during the ticket round (same mat where this match took place) was the worst officiated mat all day. Missed several calls. I observed several matches where they let wrestling continue past the clock. With this caliber of wrestling we need better officials.

With 45 seconds left in the 3rd period the score keeper forgot to start the clock. The official instead of resetting the clock decided that he would start counting five seconds once the the cl0ck read zero...  

What is really bad here is that if the clock was not started when the action resumed then the match was already extended by extra time. So if anything, time should have been taken off the clock not added again. So it sounds as if this match was extended by 10 seconds(+/-).

What is really bad here is that if the clock was not started when the action resumed then the match was already extended by extra time. So if anything, time should have been taken off the clock not added again. So it sounds as if this match was extended by 10 seconds(+/-).

I was just going to point that out SIACfan.  I was just brushing my tooth when that hit me.  Me think the clock dude should take most of the blame here !

ff

All I know is I always see wrestlers look at the clock especially when it is almost over.  It was so loud and I am sure Joe couldn't hear how much time was left so he looked at the clock, which showed 0 and the match was over.  This match should have went into overtime!  Joe got robbed!  I commend Joe for leaving the mat with class!  But I know he hd a hard time sleeping last night. Go get 'em at state Rebels!

I was setting here reading this and thinking if the clock failed to start shouldnt the 5 sec. come off the clock not be added to it ???

This is unacceptable at anytime in our sport but to happen at this lvl is sad!!! this is why guys on here that know the sport and love it (including myself) need to go take the test and get our stripes instead of leaving it up to someone who has never wrestled to officiate our sport!!!!

I feel like there's still something missing... if the clock was started late all the ref had to do was let the clock run down a little and there would have been less time not more. Or as the clock stopped 5 seconds late when it was stopped last time. Either way the ref was wrong by not making it clear on time. If he had to add time though most refs do run longer after the clock is out cause it takes too much time to add time to the clock when there's only 45 secs left. If the clock started late then it should have been resolved right away and I don't know why the ref would add time. either way the ref messed up some where.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.