Evansville Updates?

wrestler68

couple of things:

1.  I didn't hear anyone boo Moody and if they did - shame on them.  I did hear some people cheer Rieker =not a problem with that.

2.  Boots vs. Sandwith - i don't think there was anything wrong in that match other than it w WILD.  If you were rubbed the wrong way about something I wouldn't know why.  When Boots shoved him it was still in bounds. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

angryirishman

o my god henderson did not make it to state his life is over!!!!!!!!!! come on now what a example setter, its life get over it. henderson is a tough kid just had bad luck, same way with scroeder and brandinsten but you dont hear them complaining. also thank you for proving me right with every post you have  :)

Baron was the best wrestler that day, hands down.  I spoke with his father during the finals, nice man, nice fan base and one heck of a wrestler he has...x3.  My ponder is only this.  It seems the top bracket(that moody was in) seemed to only have moody in it, if the GS wasn't there then it would have been Oakley from central, correct?...Castro from Jeff probably would have lost to Oakley(my opinion here) and won the next round to face moody in the semis(giving them both a ticket to state)...OK, henderson and riecker had to face off in the ticket round, that makes no sense to me...why keep one of those kids from going to state? If henderson would have lost to Oakley at regionals and got his SEED, he'd be going to state!!!...it makes no sense to me.  why load one side of the bracket?...

to Justind283 - I assure you, I am no idiot...

Well.....I'm starting to question the "no idiot" part of your comment.  What will it take for you to realize there are no seeds after the sectional?  Henderson got the draw he got because of his placement in the regional, not from a seed.  Good grief, man......open your eyes.

On a side note...Most Impressive stat under the lights...

"Trevor Moody, ranked #1 in his class with a 4.0 GPA!"...now that's impressive :)

What a classy kid.  Guess who the first person was to congratulate Tim Dunkel on qualifying for state when he entered the tunnel..........none other than Mr. Moody.  Got to talk with him later in the day.  Great kid and hope to see him wrestling under the lights next Saturday. 

Good luck to all Southern Indiana wrestlers this weekend.  I will be rooting for them ALL and hope they bring back a lot of hardware this weekend.

The match wasn't against one of my boys so I don't remember who the young man is or  from what school he is from, but I was wondering if anyone knows how the wrestler who was taken to the hospital with either a head or neck injury in one of the early matches of the day is doing.  My family and I have been praying all weekend for him, for his family and for his team and have been wondering how he is doing. 

Baron was the best wrestler that day, hands down.  I spoke with his father during the finals, nice man, nice fan base and one heck of a wrestler he has...x3.  My ponder is only this.  It seems the top bracket(that moody was in) seemed to only have moody in it, if the GS wasn't there then it would have been Oakley from central, correct?...Castro from Jeff probably would have lost to Oakley(my opinion here) and won the next round to face moody in the semis(giving them both a ticket to state)...OK, henderson and riecker had to face off in the ticket round, that makes no sense to me...why keep one of those kids from going to state? If henderson would have lost to Oakley at regionals and got his SEED, he'd be going to state!!!...it makes no sense to me.  why load one side of the bracket?...

to Justind283 - I assure you, I am no idiot...

I agree with what your saying in that sense. Why should Dunkel make it to state over Henderson? (in my opinion a better wrestler). And also Dunkel didn't even deserve to be their, lost to Lawalin in sectionals? He's a joke. But it is a blind draw and Dunkel (Oakley) got the best draw in the world. Henderson did not. It sucks but it is part of wrestling..

Dunkel deserves to go because when the opportunity presented itself, he took care of his business.  The rest, well they didn't. 

Congrats to Tim!  He has qualified for the big dance in a way in which stories are told and retold!

He get's the spirit of our sport I am sure!

Why should Dunkel make it to state over Henderson? (in my opinion a better wrestler). And also Dunkel didn't even deserve to be their, lost to Lawalin in sectionals? He's a joke. But it is a blind draw and Dunkel (Oakley) got the best draw in the world. Henderson did not. It sucks but it is part of wrestling..

Why would you come on a public board and call a HS wrestelr a "Joke". I do not know any of the wrestlers involved but, Dunkel wrestled the draw given him and advanced, and you feel it necessary to put him down. Your the JOKE!

Dunkel did a great job. He was on a mission, he saw his chance, made the upset, and wrestled two matches perfectly. I wish my guy would have won, but he didn't and I am happy for the boy. I hope he upsets some more guys at state. What a story that would be. It just shows you how much wrestling is in the mindset. If youthink the opportunity is there, then sieze it. That is what Dunlap did. Congrats.

I agree with what your saying in that sense. Why should Dunkel make it to state over Henderson? (in my opinion a better wrestler). And also Dunkel didn't even deserve to be their, lost to Lawalin in sectionals? He's a joke. But it is a blind draw and Dunkel (Oakley) got the best draw in the world. Henderson did not. It sucks but it is part of wrestling..

Guess what, he is going to state. I'd be that joke anyday  ;D

Don't be bitter  :'(

Dunkel a joke?  Strong words.  I wouldn't call any kid who makes it to state a joke.  If they got to state, no matter what draw, then they deserve it.

Are you serious??  To make these comments on a public forum about a high school kid who worked his butt off for 4 years just shows you have no class.

As stated above, he earned his way when the opportunity presented itself.  He still had to beat a #1 seed then win his next match, which he did, to get there.  What does Sectionals have to do with anything?  Timmy won the PAC the week before (which the TC kid was part of) so should that be factored in too....of course not.  The only way to know for sure is to do wrestlebacks at Regionals and we all know that isn't happening any time soon.

I have heard nothing but good things about Zach Henderson and I feel for him but that's the unfortunate thing about how these things work out.  He'll be back next year.

I have heard nothing but good things about Zach Henderson and I feel for him but that's the unfortunate thing about how these things work out.  He'll be back next year.

Zach is a Senior...so he won't be back next year, which is why I think so many people are upset for him.  Good luck to Dunkel - he earned it.

Zach is a Senior...so he won't be back next year, which is why I think so many people are upset for him.  Good luck to Dunkel - he earned it.

My bad, not sure why I was thinking he was a Jr.  I can certainly understand the added frustration then.  I know it's a small consolation but at least he still has team state left.  I'm not a MD grad but I will be rooting for them to bring home another title.  Good luck to ALL Southern Indiana wrestlers this weekend.

1st. off, congrats to timmy dunkel, way to get it done. a few years ago the same thing happened to dylan hall. dylan made the podium at state. it just shows you that the meat grinder keeps alot of good wrestlers from making it to state. the ones that get a second chance take full advantage of it, and dunkel did. timmy put alot of extra time in during the off season at Big Bully, and camps. hard work does pay off, and leaving it all on the mat, will make sure you did it for a reason. support timmy dunkel at state, instead of dogging the kid out on this forum. support all of our regions kids, and watch the blue ribbons come home.2ndly, come together everyone and support our great sport, instead of tearing it down, and the kids that make it what it is today.

I figured out what coach Branam's secret is .... he has figured out a method to rig the infamous regional seedings.  wow, and I thought he and the dunkel kid prepared to take advantage of the opportunity presented.

I take back my early post  (sarcasm, in case you missed it)

This string has made Dunkel the kid I'll be cheering for most friday night, how about one more upset.

Tim Dunkel is no joke. He is a tremendous young man and a fine wrestle.

Now for all you idiots who called me an idiot. I told Johns and Goebel were and are the top 2 112s in the SIAC, sectional and regional. Mastison's luck finally ran out as he got demolished by Shepherd from Jeffersonville. If there is any "joke" as a wrestler down south it is him. He didn't deserve to make it out of sectionals. If he was at any school besides Harrison and Bosse he wouldn't even be varsity. If only Turi didn't get hurt he would have been at semi-state again.

Tim Dunkel is no joke. He is a tremendous young man and a fine wrestle.

Now for all you idiots who called me an idiot. I told Johns and Goebel were and are the top 2 112s in the SIAC, sectional and regional. Mastison's luck finally ran out as he got demolished by Shepherd from Jeffersonville. If there is any "joke" as a wrestler down south it is him. He didn't deserve to make it out of sectionals. If he was at any school besides Harrison and Bosse he wouldn't even be varsity. If only Turi didn't get hurt he would have been at semi-state again.

mastison is no joke, he's every bit as capable as johns or goebel.

Mastison a joke?  Are you sleeping in your garage with the car running?  The young man is growing into a fine wrestler. 

Matt earned his spot and I am sure learned a great deal from the expirence.  He will be back!

I think a few of you are out of line with some of your posts. Any kid that shows up day after day and puts in his time and effort on the wrestling mat is no joke in my mind. It does not matter if the kid is a good wrestler or not, this sport is as hard as it gets in high school.  A lot of kids would rather sit at home and play video games all day instead go out for the team.

Yeah, demolished by the semi-state champ who basically walked through the weight.  Good reference.  You're a tool box, I hope you feel great about talking so negatively about a sophomore in high school.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.