Adams Central Team Regional updates?

Boot

I usually don't post on here but on this subject I cannot resist. In my humble opinion a kid should be able to go anywhere and compete for any school he/she wishes regardless of school district restrictions. Parochial schools and private schools like and of the Bishops - Culver, Howe and Park Tudor do it all the time. If I am not mistaken Matt Irwin was a Norwell kid before ending up at Bellmont. The funny thing is the person or people who should be most upset are the parents of the kid who is displaced as a varsity wrestler because a kid moves in. Wouldn't it be great if people were only allowed to work within a specific geographical region regardless of their chosen field of endevour. Sorry you want a job at GM but you live in Wells Allen or Whitley county nada. Your a nurse who can't find a job a job in Huntington can't help you at Parkview Ft Wayne you don't qualify. As for Thatcher Joey is right I think he only made varsity his sophmore year because (Bultemier ?) got hurt. So a kid moved in so he could sit for two years when in all likelihood he could have been varsity at least full three years at AC right.

As for the Yorktown move in so what - Angel Escobedo Andrae Hernandez and a host of others in the region have made the moves. This is afterall only high school wrestling (As much as I love it) Damn what am I saying they should have made Andrew Howe go to IU it's not fair how can a Hoosier end up a Badger. The ISHAA is almost as overbearing and short sighted as the NCAA - They killed the basketball goldmine (who cares) They are bound and determined to do it to other High School sports and the homers perpetuate it with their crys of this isn't fair as it comes out of the side of their mouth all the while accepting someone in out of the other. If a parent wants the best for their child let it happen.

None of the individuals you mentioned changed schools in the middle of the season. In fact all of them attended only one high school.

Should there be no restrictions whatsoever on moving schools? You can just change in the middle of the week if you feel like it?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know none the aforementioned kids changed schools in the middle of the year. A personal friend of mine changed high schools in the middle of the year all the way back in 1974 when we were sophmores. His family petioned the state. He moved in and earned a varsity spot. He then beat a Bellmont kid (Ranked 3rd) in the semi-finals of regionals when only one person (Champion) from each regional advanced to state. This not anything new and quite frankly I don't see the harm. He changed at the semester or I am assuming - he is academically eligble. He had to get approved by the IHSAA or he wouldn't be wrestling and kids change schools at a given moment all the time. It is only when it comes to athletics that the sacred cow is challenged and people go crying foul. If the kid never came out for sports then it would have been a moot point. Move schools sorry don't pick up a trumpet for band, ah the school play is out. Show Choir sorry not allowed. As I said this is high school sports not life or death (Although for some their entire self worth seems wrapped up in it) As for Angel Andrae Matt - I was using them as examples of moving prior to HS - Brandon Wright Cathedral to Warren Central - The kid from cathedral who went to state at 52 last year now at HSE don't hear many people crying about those moves in the middle of their high school careers (oh wait the evil empire that is the catholic schools suffered for that one) As I said and will stand by it This is High School Athletics

I still don't think I understand your point with the Billy Baker hypo. Was it supposed to mean something relative to the Van Horn situation?

It seems like you are saying people from Bellmont shouldn't question the Van Horn move from Franklin to Yorktown right before sectional at a weight that they had a definite disadvantage against Bellmont because Bellmont would be upset if a good wrestler from Bellmont transferred to Yorktown because his dad went there. What does that have to do with anything?

No, I am not defending the VanHorn move-in.  I was arguing the post that was deleted as I was posting about when people wrestle Yorktown, they actually wrestle Yorktown, Anderson, Muncie, New Castle, and so on.  I was saying that if it is OK for Thatcher to transfer to Bellmont because he had a parent graduate from there and I was wondering if the same holds true IF Billy Baker were to transfer to Yorktown before his freshman year because his father was a state champion there.  Again, I am not taking any stabs here or disputing any move-ins on either side, I would just like for people to call a spade a spade, whether it is in your favor or not.  Yorktown has had move-ins, Bellmont has had move-ins, but those really didn't make the differences in the duals did they?  And this year, Bellmont came out on top when it mattered most.  And I give them my respect and I wish them well in the State Finals.  But my point of all of these hypothetical situations and comparing move-ins is to show that both schools have done the same thing.  

That being said, again, kudos to Bellmont on a hard-fought, tough match-overcoming adversity and avenging a loss earlier in the year.  That is phenomenal.  Regardless of who did what, Bellmont won, so how about we stop pointing fingers and be the adults here.  What happens on the mat is all that matters.  With all do respect, this move-in talk got a little childish.

Fromcurrentwreslter:

With all do respect, this move-in talk got a little childish.

Funny that this thread about good and exciting wrestling (and questionable journalism) was turned into a move-in debate by currentwrestler who then says it is childish....... If you think it is childish why have you posted 5 times on this subject in this topic??????? 

In Indiana, you can attend whatever high school you would like, without consequences, as long as you can pay for it, and you do it before you start high school. The same goes for athletic eligibility.

If you think that scenario is similar to the Van Horn situation, I think you should dig deeper into the facts and understand why people think it is wrong to move high schools within a season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.